Blankments

Blankments' Reviews, Y5 (Top 25 Completed!)

The two films of mine I cut out were Double Chronomance and Lucid.

It's time for my top 25. Since everyone else is doing it in a bizarre order, and I believe one should follow a trend, I will be releasing my top 25 by release date. HOWEVER, I will save my top five films for last, which can come from any date. Let's start with the month of March!

Released on March 6, it's...

14. The Very Last First Time

This was a very cute animated film, and I could see it being a really good movie. 8.5/10

And released on March 12, the first entry in my top ten...

8. Nonexistence

See my review. 9/10

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

Released on April 9:

17. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Bigfoot

My own film. No comment, but I feel like it's the only one of the trilogy worth anyone's time. 8.5/10

And released on April 23 was...

24. The Men of the Night

Plot was a little generic, but acting saved this film, along with smart direction. 8/10

Edited by Blankments

Released on May 7, there was

15. The Next Dimension

See my review. 8.5/10

And on May 28, two films worthy of my top ten were released. They were:

10. The Career Buster

Although it clearly took strong inspiration from The Producers, I love movie-related comedies. 8.5/10

And...

6. The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones

I love the books, and this was all I could ask from an adaptation. 9/10

• Like 2

I'm assuming he would skip his top 5 most likely. That or Oro is number 1.

He was originally gonna just skip over his #1 but it's top 5 now. So assuming he liked Oro and skipped it over, I've already got 2 films in the top 10. pretty good.

I meant top five originally, I don't know why I posted only my #1.

Released on July 9 was...

22. Candlelight

Another cute, independent animated movie. Reminded a lot of the short "Thank You." 8/10

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 1

There are two great films in August, and they both released on the same day, the 6th! First up...

13. The Shark Mutiny

See my review. 8.5/10

And...

7. Shiverin’ Gulch

It's my own film, and I find the best animated effort from myself so far. 9/10

• Like 1

4Chan: The Truth and Edward Tulane came really close into making it into my top 25.Don't worry, Alpha. My first year was pretty rough, too. Anyone from the original BOM CAYOM can attest to that.

Someone actually mentions 4Chan. I think it was the funniest thing I could write for my first year :P

On September 17, the best foreign language film of the year was released, and it was...

16. Khanh Bernarda Alba

My film, and I thought it was well-done, though I could've done more with it. 8.5/10

Then, on September 24, another great film came out.

19. Some Assembly Required

I'm a sucker for sci-fi comedies, and I really loved the story here. Could've used more resolution though. 8/10

Apparently I'm mediocre at this game...I have had only one film make it onto one top 25 (Red Pyramid) and even then it was #25.

You kidding me? At least Red Pyramid is showing up at all Top 25. I only had Chris Smith in two Top 25, and that is it. :lol: Edited by CJohn