riczhang

Riczhang's Year 5 Reviews (Top 25 on Page 5)

I refer you to the disclaimer ;)

Eh, that disclaimer makes the whole list seem less honest since you're saying "I actually thought this film wasn't as good as these several others, but for arbitrary reasons I will now rank it above them."

Eh, that disclaimer makes the whole list seem less honest since you're saying "I actually thought this film wasn't as good as these several others, but for arbitrary reasons I will now rank it above them."

I'll say that only one main movie was bumped up because of this because it's the type of movie I really love but didn't want to rave about it in my review. I tried not to go against my scores though.It's also a matter of the score I give films is more of a how well the film is made, plot, acting and etc. wise. My Top 25 this year is more of a personal enjoyment list, what I'd enjoy more watching. Edited by riczhang

At 6840 seconds and not a millisecond more is:

25. The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones

&

at what some people have called the longest 113 minutes they've spent in a cinema (I do digress):

11. The Next Dimension

I don't understand where this "long" talk comes from. The film is 10,000 words long for one thing, so there's a lot of substance in there. Toward the end I just stopped dragging out the scenes as much, but they make up a good bulk. Lots of action sequences abound throughout.

I don't understand where this "long" talk comes from. The film is 10,000 words long for one thing, so there's a lot of substance in there. Toward the end I just stopped dragging out the scenes as much, but they make up a good bulk. Lots of action sequences abound throughout.

I honestly don't know. I normally read each movie in 1 go, so 10 000 words was on the outer limits of what I could get through in one go. But, the movie itself I didn't feel like it was long. It could've been shortened and trimmed sure, but it wasn't long.

Very pleasantly surprised by the placings of OFK and Bernarda Alba, especially the latter since it was quickly written by me the day before the deadline. Also, Dogs at #6, so my hope for an Oscar contender isn't totally dead yet!!

Very pleasantly surprised by the placings of OFK and Bernarda Alba, especially the latter since it was quickly written by me the day before the deadline. Also, Dogs at #6, so my hope for an Oscar contender isn't totally dead yet!!

Bernarda Alba is Asghar Fahardi. It's bound to be brilliantly done and the plot of the film really fits what he does really well.
  • Like 1

One film's score has been adjusted up because I revisited the film when compiling my top 25 and liked it quite a bit more than I initially did. No rankings change though.

Just looked at it; this was Dogs! :D

And now running 134 minutes:

17. The Penny Press

&

at 127 minutes:

6. The Dogs of Babel

And I'd like to officially call this, the "Ron Howard" post. :P
  • Like 1

Now for 10 films that I had in my top 25 at one point or another and just missed out in no particular order: (It was a really hard year this year. I felt that outside of maybe my top 10-15 everything else was really really close quality wise and personal enjoyment wise)Stories From EdenThe Fault in Our StarsCatharsisCorsoSummer WarsThe Red PyramidCountdownSanta Claus: Ultimate BadassEverymanRatchet & Clank

• Like 3