Crunching the Numbers (Bloodsport Vol. 5: The Bloodening)

GUESSING GAME FINAL ROUND!!!!Spaghetti has a 3 point lead going into the final round, where the stakes are raised. Now, matching a film correctly with its rank gets you 5 points instead of 3. So here is what you do: No clues, no hints, just straight-up rank what you think my Final 5 will be in the order of ranking.Go.

• Like 1

5. Corso (I can see you enjoying this, but not by that much.)4. The Shark Mutiny (Going off what you said in my thread about it not being a great film)3. The Career Buster (I have no idea for this slot, but this seems like the comedy of the year you'd like.)2. The Eccentric Minds of Belmond Lane (You liked this, but said it could be better)1. Past Tense (Seems like your type of movie.)

5. CORSO

4. STORIES FROM EDEN

3. THE SHARK MUTINY

2. PAST TENSE

1. THE ECCENTRIC MINDS OF BELMOND LANE

Guessing Game Final Results

riczhang- 24

Spaghetti- 15

Blankments- 11

Alfred- 10

Electric- 1

Congratulations riczhang you win the guessing game by dominating the final round with 20 points scored! As your prize you will receive an exclusive pre-read to a film of mine for Year 6 of your choice. Your Options (with a short synopsis):

Pokemon 3: Okay I think we all know you won't pick this one.

Where?: A traditionally animated film inspired by Where's Waldo and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. After Carmen Sandiego escapes from custody and plans to pull off her biggest scam yet, the agents of ACME have only one option to find her: A reclusive man from her past named Waldo.

Isolation: When a scientist at the International Lunar Research Station dies from bizarre mechanical failure, expert forensic scientist Hackett (Liam Neeson) is summoned to investigate the incident. He realizes that the incident was no accident at all and that a handful of other accidents weren't that either. He must contend with secretive scientists and stonewalling bureaucrats to find his quarry: A serial killer on the Moon who plans to kill again.

Chrono Heist: Kathryn Bigelow directs this sci-fi thriller. 100 years in the future a recovering Earth has lost much of its precious history to both natural and man-made devastation. A reclusive trillionaire has poured his resources into developing time travel and has assembled a crack team of operatives to go back in time and steal various priceless artifacts and bring them to the future where they can be preserved. Of course as always when it comes to time travel, eventually someone wants to go beyond preserving history and move ahead to changing it.

24 Hours: Martin Whitaker is the power broker for Chicago, a man who can influence national elections with a few words. He is also devastatingly corrupt, connected to all sorts of crime, and a man who can point the Feds to solid evidence against him has panicked and fled, ending up caught at the Mexican border. Special Agent Linda Hutchins (Naomi Watts) of the FBI has 24 hours to return the man back to Chicago for processing, 24 hours to convince the man to come clean about all he knows, otherwise he will be thrown into the bowels of a legal system in which he'll "disappear."

The Cardinal in the Kremlin: 1986. The Soviet Union is in the middle of its Afghanistan intervention and both it and the United States are pursuing satellite technology that can change the face of the space race and nuclear arms race. CIA analyst Jack Ryan (Chris Pine) is at the head of CIA efforts to get to the bottom of how advanced the Soviet program is and to do that the agency relies upon its most veteran agent: Colonel Filitov (Armin Mueller-Stahl), code-named CARDINAL, a mole inside the Kremlin for the past 25 years. However no spy goes undetected forever and slowly an astute Soviet agent (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) begins to close the net around Filitov, instigating a race of events that could bring the two nations into conflict and change the face of military technology forever.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

I thought about cheating and giving it to both Eccentric Minds and Past Tense for a tie since they're almost completely indistinguishable in my mind. In the end I decided to give the bump to Eccentric Minds since it was a more difficult task to get right than Past Tense.

• Like 1

Also. Stories From Eden! O_o

Impact and Ueka can tell you from the old CAYOM days a major rule about my review threads: There is always a film in the Top 5 that is totally unexpected. In this case there were 2, Stories from Eden and Corso.
  • Like 3