Alpha

CAYOM - Year 5: Part 2

These are appalling numbers for Next Dimension. I'm really surprised. In CAYOM 1.0, it got almost universal critical acclaim, was nominated for BP, and was one of my 3 best received blockbusters of all time. Really surprised at the early forecasts for the film.

These are appalling numbers for Next Dimension. I'm really surprised. In CAYOM 1.0, it got almost universal critical acclaim, was nominated for BP, and was one of my 3 best received blockbusters of all time. Really surprised at the early forecasts for the film.

Did it? I was thinking low 200s for it. Higher than what people are forecasting right now but nothing too high.

• Community Manager

Really only two people have predicted and one of them is a new guy who has no real knowledge of CAYOM history. I think you're fine. ;)

Really only two people have predicted and one of them is a new guy who has no real knowledge of CAYOM history. I think you're fine. ;)

Water has a point. I wasn't here for CAYOM 1.0, I'm a a newbie. So my forecasts won't be entirely accurate :)

I think I'll edit the numbers for both Esponiage and Dinension.

Did it? I was thinking low 200s for it. Higher than what people are forecasting right now but nothing too high.

Low 200s would be...eh, but better than nothing. I don't want to sound like a pratting little bitch though. Just surprised at the predictions so far and wondering if it's any indiciation of its reception this time (at least early reception) when last time it was nominated for BP and made 300m. I know this time can't duplicate that time necessarily.

Low 200s would be...eh, but better than nothing. I don't want to sound like a pratting little bitch though. Just surprised at the predictions so far and wondering if it's any indiciation of its reception this time (at least early reception) when last time it was nominated for BP and made 300m. I know this time can't duplicate that time necessarily.

It just doesn't seem like a summer movie from an initial reaction. Granted though I haven't read it yet so it probably will change.

May

The Next Dimension - 61/190

Blue Beetle - 36/105

Magic Money-Printing Business Of Magic - 29/93

Espionage Project - 37/120

The 39 Clues: Maze of Bones 47/57/154

The Career Buster 18/22/69

June

Killer Husband - 17/65

Summer Wars - 33/90

Double Chronomance - 24/93

Stories From Eden - 34/103

Legally Blonde - 21/58

Chris Smith and the Island of Dinosaurs - 40/125

Warcraft: The Cataclysm - 76/227

April

The Red Pyramid - 65.8/170.9

ZeroG - 23.8/65.7

Chuck Norris & Liam Neeson Vs. Bigfoot - 50.7/125.8

El Sombrero - 0.2/5.2/31.6

Hot Wheels - 27.3/88.4

Silent Invasion - 11.8/24.6

The Men Of The Night - 19.8/60.7

Madonna: Masterpiece - 7.8/19.5

Oro - 73.2/241.1

May

The Next Dimension - 80.6/274.6

Blue Beetle - 47.3/135.6

Magic Money-Printing Business Of Magic - 22.5/76.9

Espionage Project - 39.7/116.5

The 39 Clues: Maze Of Bones - 53.7/66.2/182.7

The Career Buster - 27.9/34.8/104.6

June

Killer Husband - 14.7/40.9

Summer Wars - 40.5/129.6

Double Chronomance - 34.3/118.6

Stories From Eden - 42.7/131.5

Legally Blone - 18.7/55.9

Chris Smith & The Island Of The Dinosaurs - 50.7/168.2

Warcraft: The Catalycism - 90.4/238.3

• Like 1

Then how do you know it doesn't feel like a summer movie? lol.

I've read the first little bit of it to get a feel, I do it for all movies posted. Plus, I'm fairly sure you talked about the rough gist of it, unless I'm confusing this with Dawn of Oblivion. Edited by riczhang

I've read the first little bit of it to get a feel, I do it for all movies posted. Plus, I'm fairly sure you talked about the rough gist of it, unless I'm confusing this with Dawn of Oblivion.

I never really talked about Next Dimension. I talked about Dawn though. Which is a winter movie.TND is very summer-oriented, with its high stake chases, violent fight scenes, disaster sequences, etc.