Alpha

CAYOM - Year 5: Part 2

I do wonder something... When you make a prediction, do you bother checking for Marketing Info about the movie (If it has any), trailers (to see quality) or Reviews? That really could affect a movie performance at box office...

That makes the Marketing Info thread pretty useless, doesn't it? :-SI mean, movies without a post at Marketing Info should be considered movies without any marketing at all (Nearly) and therefore should rather flop than make a profit...

• Community Manager

That makes the Marketing Info thread pretty useless, doesn't it? :-SI mean, movies without a post at Marketing Info should be considered movies without any marketing at all (Nearly) and therefore should rather flop than make a profit...

The Marketing thread is completely an optional part of the game. You shouldn't be punished if you don't feel like participating.Marketing, trailers, and posters have rarely (if ever) affected the Box Office Actuals/Predictions in this game. That might make them useless, but we do them because it's fun not because we're trying to actually market our films.

Marketing, trailers, and posters have rarely (if ever) affected the Box Office Actuals/Predictions in this game. That might make them useless, but we do them because it's fun not because we're trying to actually market our films.

Yeah, that would be a pain to market films :P

Don't worry folks about Cameron vs a franchise battle, Hindenburg will take the crown lol

I would say Next Dimension had a shot also at being one of the biggest of the year (and it should still) but it's not likely to be the biggest, although it could hit 300m+. So I'd say the biggies this year:

The Next Dimension

Hindenburg

StarCraft

Spellforce

Dawn of Oblivion

One of those will be number 1. Obviously Dawn of Oblivion.

Because You guys make me feel bad for not doing it :P2-4 January:Beast:OW: $7.1 millionDOM: $16.3 millionNote: This is exactly what House on the Hills did 2 years agoThe Rise and Fall of WWE:OW: $1.9 millionDOM: $6.2 million9-11 January:Shocker:OW: $14.1 millionDOM: $32.2 million16-19 January:Escalator:OW: $22.1 millionDOM: $48.3 millionGame Hunt:OW: $10.2 millionDOM: $26.4 million23-25 January:Psy: Sorry for Gangam Styling:OW: $5.9 millionDOM: $10.3 millionRise of the Dead:OW: $18.1 millionDOM: $39.9 million30 January – 1 February:3:37 AM:OW: $0.5 million (Limited)/$4.9 (Wide)DOM: $34.9 millionI Love You Too:OW: $25.1 millionDOM: $59.1 millionSlumber Party:OW: $5.2 millionDOM: $15.9 million6-8 FebruaryCountdown:OW: $32.4 millionDOM: $105.1 millionOne Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish:OW: $61.5 millionDOM: $204.0 million13-16 February:The Guardian:OW: $31.2/$40.9 millionDOM: $95.6 millionUnbalanced 2:OW: $28.4/$36.1 millionDOM: $77.8 million20-22 February:Forgiven Not Forgotten:OW: $10.1 millionDOM: $29.1 millionMade in China:OW: $3.2 millionDOM: $9.2 million27-29 February:Tyrant:OW: $32.4 millionDOM: $84.1 million5-7 March:Paradise Lost:OW: $41.9 millionDOM: $185.4 millionNote: I’m totally convinced that there are enough super Christians in America who will see this.The Very Last First Time:OW: $11.1 millionDOM: $31.1 million12-14 March:Nonexistence:OW: $18.4 millionDOM: $52.1 millionSlit Happens:OW: $5.2 millionDOM: $8.8 million19-22 March:Godzilla:OW: $62.7 millionDOM: $144.8 million28-30 March:Psychonauts:OW: $14.7 millionDOM: $58.2 million

• Like 2

I have to read Next Dimension. To be frank I make my predictions based on the premise and I always edit them after reading all the films. It takes time to read all the films, that's why I post premature predictions first. Normally there's only a few films that changes radically from what I originally thought.

Edited by Alfred Unchained

A note I wanted to make: Even if you don't read it, I want to make sure you guys know Fault in Our Stars is very similar to a Nicolas Sparks novel. It's a very popular book at my school, and I think predictions on it are a bit low.