3 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This is not for everyone, but I pretty much loved it.

It's part family drama, crime thriller, and then eventually all-out, darker than dark horror. The score is brutal, creating tension and building atmosphere from the moment the film begins. There is a suffocating tone that pervades throughout the film. You watch with unease knowing that something is eventually going to come out from behind the corner, and thrown everything on it's head. That last half hour is one of the most intense and harrowing conclusions to a film I've seen in a long time, and has one of the more shocking endings I've seen in some time. And for once, it's a film that has horror elements that is downright SCARY.

It's definitely not for everyone, but for those who like experimenting with different genres in a film.........and then some dark horror thrown in to boot, this is not to be missed.

A-