baumer

Tuesday Numbers ERC Bond 7M

Normal, to nearly hold pace with "Flights" 2nd week drop on discount tuesday after such a big weekend?I think it's outstanding.

It's normal. On a regular Monday, Bond should have fallen 75%. That would have given it 6 mill. That means it's Tuesday bump would have been 15%....like I said normal.
  • Like 1

It's normal. On a regular Monday, Bond should have fallen 75%. That would have given it 6 mill. That means it's Tuesday bump would have been 15%....like I said normal.

A 15% tuesday bump is anything but normal for a 90 mio opener.Alice in Wonderland: dropped.Hunger Games: dropped.Fast & Furious: dropped2012: dropped
  • Like 1

Taken2's first Tuesday was 7.2% of grosses up to Monday. That should give Skyfall $7.3m. I was hoping for 8.

Taken 2 dropped 79.14% for Sat-Tue. Such a drop would give Skyfall 7.06M..... so pretty expected.Also, Skyfall is around 80% ahead of Taken 2 in its dailies so far. If it keeps it up, it will finish with 250M+.
  • Like 2

A 15% tuesday bump is anything but normal for a 90 mio opener.Alice in Wonderland: dropped.Hunger Games: dropped.Fast & Furious: dropped2012: dropped

I was being kind about the 75% drop. It should have dropped closer to 70% and therefore the 7 mill would basically be flat. Why so much hostility? It's very simple. Bond is getting fantastic WOM no doubt, but it is not performing out of the ordinary for Monday and Tuesday.the last time a movie really shocked anyone with it's Monday was TDK. That blew all of us away. Skyfall is just normal. Edited by Breaking Dawn baumer

I was being kind about the 75% drop. It should have dropped closer to 70% and therefore the 7 mill would basically be flat. Why so much hostility? It's very simple. Bond is getting fantastic WOM no doubt, but it is not performing out of the ordinary for Monday and Tuesday.the last time a movie really shocked anyone with it's Monday was TDK. That blew all of us away. Skyfall is just normal.

The 75% were your calculation and i only said, that a 15% bumb wouldn't be normal, even staying flat wouldn't be.I'm not hostile, i'm just comparing Skyfall to other movies and that comparisons leads me to the conclusion, that your statement of its numbers being normal just seems not true.