baumer

Tuesday Numbers ERC Bond 7M

Just a sidenote...After we had just seen Skyfall, I was waiting for my wife to get out of the bathroom. As I paced back and forth, I was looking at the four promo posters on the wall.There was one for OZ, Man of Steel, BD2 and The Hobbit. Then it struck me. The Wizard of Oz is 112 years old, Bilbo Baggins is 75 years old, Superman is 74 years old and Edward Cullen is 7. So that means, of the four movies, Twilight was the "freshest" and most "original" of the bunch. It was then I realized creativity hit its peak well before we were all born. ;)

• Like 6

Bond isn't coming close to 50M.

The biggest pre Thanksgiving weekend ever(2009) adjusts to near 260m for the top 10. Weekend Warrior is predicting BD2 to do 150m+ and Skyfall at 47m. Yet, his top 10 still adds up to under 260 even though the movies in the top 10 this year are way more appealing than in 2009.

2009:

New Moon

The Blind Side

2012(irony)

Planet 51

A Christmas Carol

Precious

The Men Who Stare at Goats

Couples Retreat

The Fourth Kind

This is It

2012:

The Twilight Finale

First Bond film in 4 years

Wreck it Ralph

Lincoln(you know, that film Spielberg has been planning for ages?)

Flight

Argo

Taken 2

Here Comes the Boom

Cloud Atlas

Hotel Transylvania

I think this is destined to be a record breaking weekend and rather than being hurt by it, Skyfall will be a part of it.

Edited by ShAAken not Stirred™
  • Like 6

Just a sidenote...After we had just seen Skyfall, I was waiting for my wife to get out of the bathroom. As I paced back and forth, I was looking at the four promo posters on the wall.There was one for OZ, Man of Steel, BD2 and The Hobbit. Then it struck me.The Wizard of Oz is 112 years old, Bilbo Baggins is 75 years old, Superman is 74 years old and Edward Cullen is 7. So that means, of the four movies, Twilight was the "freshest" and most "original" of the bunch. It was then I realized creativity hit its peak well before we were all born. ;)

Edward Cullen is over a 100 years old actually. :P
  • Like 1

Hey, don't knock it. People follow their own beat. :)

To be blunt, if you're into movies only because of horror, you're not really into movies at all.Especially when it's the umpteenth take of Saw, Paranormal, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw or equally creative and mind blowingly original and progressive The Devil Inside, the Apparition and so on, so forth.

What would be a spectacular number, in your opinion?

Well given that the Monday was unique, being a semi-holiday, big drops were expected for Tuesday. Of course, Skyfall was easily the biggest film on Monday. Given than, any number over 8M would have been great for Tuesday, and if the Tuesday number was anything over 9M ... now THAT would be spectacular.So had Skyfall gotten a 9M or higher Tuesday number, that would be spectacular in my opinion.
  • Like 1

Anything over 8M was impossible.

Never say impossible. It would have been highly improbable, but not impossible. That's why I said it would have been spectacular, but spectacular numbers occur extremely rarely. Edited by ACCA
  • Like 1