34 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

It's also got more humor and self-awareness than most anything Nolan's done. :ph34r:

*Dons Dash Rendar hat*

Actually, Interstellar is 10x funnier than True Lies. Especially when Matt Damon arrives on the scene. And then the LOVE IS QUANTIFIABLE part.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

It's also got more humor and self-awareness than most anything Nolan's done. :ph34r:

blah, who needs humor? certainly not Nolan movies, his movies doesn't need that gimmicky to keep audiences entertained.  :ph34r:

With that said, the humor in True Lies is admittedly awesome, it could have been even better with a lead actor who can actually act, but the movie still is crazy funny nonetheless.

blah, who needs humor? certainly not Nolan movies, his movies doesn't need that gimmicky to keep audiences entertained.  :ph34r:

With that said, the humor in True Lies is admittedly awesome, it could have been even better with a lead actor who can actually act, but the movie still is crazy funny nonetheless.

26131019.gif

• Like 4

*Dons Dash Rendar hat*

Actually, Interstellar is 10x funnier than True Lies. Especially when Matt Damon arrives on the scene. And then the LOVE IS QUANTIFIABLE part.

Yeah but the difference is we laugh at those parts and laugh with True Lies

• Like 4

it could have been even better with a lead actor who can actually act, but the movie still is crazy funny nonetheless.

I think that's missing the point, though... and I don't think it's true. The humor is TL is largely built around the incongruity that is Arnold: the movie constantly winks at the fact that this massive mountain of a man is accepted as a humble, insignificant little salesman drone; it winks at the fact that he's got this thick Austrian accent and yet he's given a generic Middle American background; that while he's flat and not "deep" as an actor he's incredibly charismatic, etc. There's plenty of verbal jokes that another actor could nail, yes -- but what makes TL so damn isn't that, but all these visual little riffs and goofs on Arnold The Movie Star. It's more subtle than the thuddingly obvious LAST ACTION HERO but very much in the same vein.

So yes, if you hired a "better actor" like a Ben Affleck or Matt Damon or Brad Pitt or Will Smith, they might be more "accurate" to how the character is described on the surface, and they might have a little extra dramatic edge, but they'd lose that extra special Schwarzenegger sauce... and that's what makes the movie memorable. Otherwise it's just another Bond movie.

• Like 3

it sounds goofy and cheesy putting that way , but in the movie it works quite well

I beg to disagree, good sir. I felt that was actually one of the moments that was a complete failure on almost every level. (IS is wonderful in many parts, but has some woeful clunkers that bring it down a good deal for me, and that's one of them.)

• Like 1

Well one could argue it is both those things.

Don't hit me. I still love it. :)

Me too.  Actually, I think the humor in it that would make people go into twitterage today is one of the reasons why its so funny and holds up really well.  I remember seeing this like 6 months ago and kept thinking every 10 minutes "Nope, not today" lol.

Edited by Ozymandias