#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

From Gitesh's twitter:

Massive $30.4M opening for #Twilight THU night from 10p shows onwards. Same as last pic which started at midnight

https://twitter.com/giteshpandya

FRIDAY 9 AM, 2ND UPDATE: Summit Entertainment reports that Breaking Dawn Part 2 opened in North America with $30.4 million from Thursday 10 PM and Friday midnight shows in over 3,000 theaters. This is a Twilight Saga best, earning slightly more than Breaking Dawn Part 1‘s $30.25M, Eclipse‘s $30M, or New Moon‘s $26.27M. Today, the final installment in the epic vampre franchise opens in 4,070 theaters. Now the question is whether it can exceed Breaking Dawn Part 1‘s $138.1M first weekend tally in U.S./Canada.

http://deadline.com/...es-at-midnight/

FRIDAY 3 PM, 3RD UPDATE: My sources say that Breaking Dawn Part 2 is running behind Part 1 in 4,070 North American theaters as the Twilight Saga ends its phenomenal run. Right now, based on matinee trends, the vampire epic looks like $130 million through Sunday, not quite equal to Part 1‘s $138.1M first weekend tally in U.S./Canada. In 2nd place, Eon Productions/MGM/Sony Pictures’ latest James Bond actioner Skyfalllooks down 65% for a $31M second weekend. That brings its North American cume to nearly $160M in just its first 10 days of release. All in worldwide, MGM/Sony expect the pic to make $800M. Also very strong is Steven Spielberg’s Oscar contender Lincoln which expanded its run from 11 venues to 1,775 this second weekend in release; it looks to earn $25M through Sunday near a $26.5M cume.

FRIDAY 5:30 PM, 4TH UPDATE: The worldwide total for Breaking Dawn Part 2 is almost $174M already.My sources have now refined their domestic numbers for Breaking Dawn Part 2 – $60M-$65M for today (which includes that $30.4M from Thursday 10 PM and Friday midnight late shows) and $135M for its opening weekend. It’ll be a squeaker whether or not this final Twilight Saga film breaks the franchise record of $138.1M set by Breaking Dawn Part 1.

Overseas, Summit Entertainment just announced that, from the 37 International territories that opened as of Thursday, the international cumulative gross for Breaking Dawn Part 2 is a very impressive $38.8 million (not including the U.S. and Canada). Today, 24 additional territories are opening, which brings the total to 61 territories opened along with the U.S. and Canada. Nearly every market has opened at or well above the last installment in the Twilight Saga franchise, Breaking Dawn Part 1.

SATURDAY 2 AM WRITETHRU, 6TH UPDATE: It’s all over for the Twilight Saga (until the inevitable reboot) but it’s going out with a big bite of the box office. The worldwide total for Summit Entertainment’s Breaking Dawn Part 2 is almost $174M already – and could go to $275 through Sunday. My sources have now refined their domestic numbers for this finale – $65M for Friday (although some tell me the true figure is $70M) and $135M for its opening weekend in 4,070 North American theaters. It’ll be a squeaker whether or not Breaking Dawn Part 2 passes the $138.1M set by Part 1.in 2011 But it definitely won’t beat New Moon‘s franchise first-weekend record of $142.8M set in 2009. Summit reported that Breaking Dawn Part 2 opened in North America to long lines and sold-out screenings with $30.4M from Thursday 10 PM and Friday midnight late shows in over 3,000 theaters. This was a Twilight Saga best, earning slightly more than Breaking Dawn Part 1‘s $30.25M. (Eclipse made $30M, and New Moon $26.27M.) Needless to say, the Twi-Hards gave this final franchise installment an ‘A’ CinemaScore which may mean more fans go see it multiple times.

SATURDAY 8 AM, 8TH UPDATE: It’s all over for the Twilight Saga (until the inevitable reboot) but it’s going out with a big bite of the box office. The worldwide total for Summit Entertainment’s Breaking Dawn Part 2 is already $162.2M worldwide through Friday - and should go to $275 global through Sunday. Summit has now refined its domestic numbers for this finale to $71.2M for Friday (including Thursday 10 PM/Friday midnight shows). That North American opening day represents the 6th highest in history right behind the Twilight Saga’s Breaking Dawn Part One‘s $71.6M, and New Moon‘s $72.7M. Breaking Dawn Part 2 should total $135+M for its debut weekend in 4,070 North American theaters. It’ll be a squeaker whether or not Breaking Dawn Part 2 passes the $138.1M set by Part 1.in 2011 But it definitely won’t beat New Moon‘s franchise first-weekend record of $142.8M set in 2009. Summit reported that Breaking Dawn Part 2 opened in North America to long lines and sold-out screenings with $30.4M from Thursday 10 PM and Friday midnight late shows in over 3,000 theaters. This was a Twilight Saga best, earning slightly more than Breaking Dawn Part 1‘s $30.25M. (Eclipse made $30M, and New Moon $26.27M.) Needless to say, the Twi-Hards gave this final franchise installment an ‘A’ CinemaScore which may mean more fans go see it multiple times.

1. Breaking Dawn Part 2 (Summit/Lionsgate) NEW [Runs 4,070] PG13

Friday $71.9M, Saturday $41.8M, Est Sunday $27.6M, Weekend $141.3M

International $199.6M, Worldwide $340.9M

2. Skyfall (Eon/MGM/Sony) Week 2 [Runs 3,505] PG13

Friday $12.3M, Saturday $17.7M, Weekend $41.5M (-53%), Cume $161.3M

3. Lincoln (DreamWorks/Fox/Disney) Week 2 [Runs 1,775] PG13

Friday $6.3M, Saturday $8.5M, Weekend $21.0M, Cume $22.4M

4. Wreck-It Ralph (Disney) Week 3 [Runs 3,622] PG

Friday $4.4M, Saturday $8.5M, Weekend $18.3M, Cume $121.4M

5. Flight (Paramount) Week 3 [Runs 2,612] R

Friday $2.5M, Saturday $3.9M, Weekend $8.6M, Cume $61.3M

6. Argo (Warner Bros) Week 6 [Runs 2,210] R

Friday $1.1M, Saturday $1.9M, Weekend $4.0M, Cume $92.0M

7. Taken 2 (Fox) Week 7 [Runs 2,063] PG13

Friday $650K, Saturday $955K, Weekend $2.1M, Cume $134.6M

8. Pitch Perfect (Universal) Week 8 [Runs 1,122] PG13

Friday $398K, Saturday $567K, Weekend $1.3M, Cume $61.6M

9. Jab Tak Hai Jaan (Yash Raj Films) NEW [Runs 161] NR

Friday $373K, Saturday $536K, Weekend $1.2M

10. Here Comes The Boom (Sony) Week 6 [Runs 1,350] PG

Friday $338K, Saturday $535K, Weekend $1.1M, Cume $41.0M Back to Breaking Dawn Part Two: the final installment in the epic vampire franchise opened in 4,070 theaters Friday and Twi-Hards are saying goodbye to Bella and Edward. Movie theaters around North America Thursday reported long lines and sold-out showtimes. Here are photos from Arizona, Michigan, and New York:

Edited by iTz ReaLLy ED

Everyone is pointing towards July 20th again. There is no good reason why this didn't do much higher IMO.

I posted this in the other thread:I'm really trying not to take the bait here, but seriously dude. 30 mill for 10pm./midnights means there is no interest? Are you high? Do you have any idea how many shows sold out for this number? The reason 10pms were added is so that a lot of places could get rid of midnight. It's too late and there is still a negative connotation from Aurora. 30 mill is massive. End of story. I never thought this would go up to 40 mill for the split the way some predicted. I just think and it has now been confirmed, that the same amount of people saw it early as they did NM and Eclipse and BD1.

I posted this in the other thread:I'm really trying not to take the bait here, but seriously dude. 30 mill for 10pm./midnights means there is no interest? Are you high? Do you have any idea how many shows sold out for this number? The reason 10pms were added is so that a lot of places could get rid of midnight. It's too late and there is still a negative connotation from Aurora. 30 mill is massive. End of story. I never thought this would go up to 40 mill for the split the way some predicted. I just think and it has now been confirmed, that the same amount of people saw it early as they did NM and Eclipse and BD1.

what are your OD/OW predictions at this point.

For November, this is still absolutely fantastic, considering almost the entire fanbase has school/work (the people who were teens during the first few now have work, the rest still have school). I think the Friday business will be inflated because of this. Eclipse was so huge because it was a summer release, and alot of the fanbase wasn't old enough to work yet.

what are your OD/OW predictions at this point.

The same as they have always been:31-33 midnights (original prediction)68-72 OD145-150 OW290-315 Total dmoestic450 international....hoping for 500.Total 750-800

It was in 3D.What do you mean, "people were just staying away from midnights?" It's 30 million dollars. That's massive and it is exactly what Twilights have done before. It's consistent and that is what Twilights have always been.

Regardless it doesn't represent an increase of any kind at this point. I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying there is no indication of one. And as this is the finale, I would expect one.In that light, I'm disappointed slightly. I'm sure not buoyed by this number.

Although we don't know OD numbers yet, I doubt this'll do higher than 145m-150m. There were people here predicting in the 160-170m, which was fucking ridiculous in the first place.

There maybe 2 people predicting that high. That means about 50 of us weren't.

That is interesting. Maybe 10PM is new midnight.

I think it definitely is. Better for theaters, better for movie-goers. So unless demand for a movie is completely bonkers insane, I see fewer and fewer midnight shows and more and more 10pm shows. Or, putting it another way, 10pm isn't adding to the total showtime, it's merely spreading what would've been the same number of shows over an earlier period of time.
  • Like 6

The same as they have always been:31-33 midnights (original prediction)68-72 OD145-150 OW290-315 Total dmoestic450 international....hoping for 500.Total 750-800

That is quite reasonable. I think you are going to be spot on for domestic. OS could go higher than 500M if it continues to over perform as we have seen so far.