Blankments

Y5 - Critical Consensus (Updated with Numbers' List!)

CREATOR'S CORNER YEAR 5 - TOP 25

25. The House of the Scorpion

24. Santa Claus: Ultimate Badass

23. Penny Press

22. The Fault in Our Stars

21. The Affair

20. Lucid

19. Dragon Age: Onslaught

18. Some Assembly Required

17. Catharsis

16. The 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones

15. Psychonauts

14. Oro

13. StarCraft: The Fury of the Swarm

12. The Next Dimension

11. The Dogs of Babel

10. The Shark Mutiny

9. Celia, A Slave

8. Hindenburg

7. Shiverin' Gulch

6. The Eccentric Minds of Belmond Lane

5. Corso

4. Dawn of Oblivion

3. Killer Husband

2. Past Tense

1. Empty Hearth

Wow, The Shark Mutiny wins the CC without a single number 1 mention. It should be in the lead by 1 point now.

How on Earth did Oro get nominated for BP seeing this? Past Tense will now have 5 top 5 mentions, Empty Hearth will have 4, and yet Oro still only has 2 top 5 mentions. The fuck?

Because I think one or two people voted for it without having submitted a top 25, plus me. Empty Hearth is a huge disappointment for me. I think that if it had been nominated it would've had a chance at winning. Hope it can go 3/3 in acting, and pick up Ensemble, and Screenplay. Edited by riczhang

Of our movies, I'd say Empty Hearth and Past Tense were more deserving than Oro and Dawn. Empty Hearth over Oro moreso than Past Tense over Dawn, because Dawn is at least number 2 on the CC (by one point) while Oro is like number 7 and Empty Hearth will be number 3. My calculations show Shark Mutiny at 1 with 166, Dawn at 2 with 165, and Empty Hearth at 3 with 163. Very close there, so it's disappointing Empty Hearth wasn't nominated. Belmond Lane would be 4th with 158, and Past Tense 5th with 157. The gap between those 5 and films like Dogs of Babel and Oro, the other two BP noms, is kind of large, so it's a bit surprising.