Olive

Rank all the Spider-man films

Spider-Man 2 - 5/5

Spider-Man - 4.5/5

The Amazing Spider-Man - 3.5/5

Spider-Man 3 - 2.5/5

My opinions on the original films hasn't changed but I've got a new order on them all now-

Spider-Man 2 - 5/5

Spider-Man - 4.5/5

Spider-Man 3 - 2.5/5

The Amazing Spider-Man - 2.5/5

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 2/5

I rewatched Amazing Spider-Man not long after I first posted that and I have to say I couldn't finish it then nor the other few times I've tried to rewatch it. It really is a dull, lifeless film especially when compared to the 2002 film which does everything way better. Garfield tries and I respect him for it but the material just isn't there and overall he and Stone aren't given a whole lot to work with.

1-Spider-Man 8.5 Loved it, I still tend to watch it when it's on TV.

2-Spider-Man 2- 8 Liked it, but I was not a fan of the whole Spider-Man losing his poweres bit, and too much Mary Jane (who annoys me)

3-Spider-Man 3- 5 (Harry's redeeming moment saved this movie for me.

4-The Amazing Spider-Man- 3 Totally forgettable. I don't remember anything much, except that I just really hated this new actor playing Peter. Very unlikable. But, I will say, I did like Emma Stone more than I liked Kirsten Dunst.

I never even bothered with the second one since the previous one was so boring, and the main  character was very unlikable to me. 

Edited by Warhorse
  • Like 1

1-Spider-Man 8.5 Loved it, I still tend to watch it when it's on TV.

2-Spider-Man 2- 8 Liked it, but I was not a fan of the whole Spider-Man losing his poweres bit, and too much Mary Jane (who annoys me)

3-Spider-Man 3- 5 (Harry's redeeming moment saved this movie for me.

4-The Amazing Spider-Man- 3 Totally forgettable. I don't remember anything much, except that I just really hated this new actor playing Peter. Very unlikable. But, I will say, I did like Emma Stone more than I liked Kirsten Dunst.

I never even bothered with the second one since the previous one was so boring, and the main  character was very unlikable to me. 

The way Garfield portrayed Peter Parker was one of many reasons I hated TASM/TASM2

Edited by FZY

The way Garfield portrayed Peter Parker was one of many reasons I hated TASM/TASM2

Yeah, he just came off as this serious dickhead whenever he was on screen. Not a good feeling to have when I am supposed to be rooting for the guy. I just hope the next installment they pick someone the people actually like. Seems most are now on either Logan Lerman or Dylan O' Brien bandwagons. I even saw someone suggest if Logan Lerman is cast, then they should cast Emma Watson as Mary Jane, which I thought  was interesting.

At this point, it's hard, because I'm torn between ranking them by entertainment value and ranking them by how objectively good I consider them to be.

Entertainment Value:

1) SM2

2) TASM2

3) SM1

4) SM3

5) TASM

Actual Quality:

1) SM2

2) SM1

3) SM3

4) TASM

5) TASM2

1. Spiderman 2

2. Spiderman

3. TASM

4. TASM 2 (This had better action scenes and cooler vfx, but the overall story, half baked villains and tonal inconsistencies brought it down a lot..had potential to be the best)

5. Spiderman 3

Edited by marveldcfox