Electric

Year 5 Actuals

I was hoping for Last Six to win last summer, and it failed to. Granted, I didn't expect Nirvana to be so huge, but I still consider Last Six, followed by this year's Lucid and Plastic-Man to be my biggest disappointments.On the other end of the spectrum though, my favorite run of mine happened this year: Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. Bigfoot making more than the previous films' on weekends alone!

I think Spark was a subliminal message by Hiccup.Spark opened below expectations, and it looked like it wouldn't pass $100M. But look what happened. The film had a 4 multiplier. It basically shows that if a film is great enough, everyone else who didn't see the movie in its opening will pack into a theater and see it, even after opening weekend.Its all about quality.

I'm glad that you said that, because I'm banking on the great WoM of Planeswalkers 2. If a film is great it will succeed, just look at Skyfall, QoS was rubbish, but that doesn't stop Skyfall grossing 100m more. If P2 doesn't get good WoM, it's gonna tank and the franchise is dead. Edited by Alfred Unchained

All I'm saying is that anyone that sets there standard that high for a film is going way too high.

I didn't set my standards Avatar high, but I did set them 450m+ high. It's the biggest event film I'll ever make and ever have made, and it may just crack 400m, if that. It's legs are no where near as good as I was expecting, and it's appalling that it didn't get number 1 on either Christmas or New Year's weekend, and I'm also disgusted that Spellforce will possibly finish higher than it domestically.

Okay...have no clue why Alpha said that.BTW-its Christmas drop is actually good for a film that has Christmas Eve on a Friday.In 2010 the only 2 good drops were Narnia (family film) and Black Swan (MASSIVE theater increase), which was niether for Dawn-everything else dropped over 50%.

Okay...have no clue why Alpha said that.BTW-its Christmas drop is actually good for a film that has Christmas Eve on a Friday.In 2010 the only 2 good drops were Narnia (family film) and Black Swan (MASSIVE theater increase), which was niether for Dawn-everything else dropped over 50%.

Matter of fact-its very rare for a non family film to drop under 40% when a Christmas eve falls on a Friday.

It's not really the drop, just the fact that it can't top Spellforce on any of those weekends. It's OW was in line with expectations, but I was expecting it to take the top spot on Christmas and New Year's weekend. Also, it's New Year's drop was a lot worse than I expected.

Well I think Dawn did pretty good, maybe not as good as expected but still. I understand that your disappointed but I don´t get your anger about SpellForce doing better. It was the finale to a succesfull franchise, so its pretty hard for an original film to up against it.

I understand that your disappointed but I don´t get your anger about SpellForce doing better.

Dawn Of Oblivion was the event movie of the year, and was appearing on everyone's Top 5. It was probably the most ambitious blockbuster I've ever seen. Spellforce was an entertaining popcorn movie that should've burned out quickly.

I'm pretty sure it'll be #1 for the first couple of weeks in Jan, depending on how terrible the movies of Year 6 are

Exactly. Or it becomes the highest grossing film to never reach number one.

I think some people are going a bit too far-we have had worse disapointments before in the old game that were just odd. (Something were all guilty of, though I do think I did mine a bit more realistic then some users)

• Like 1

• Community Manager

I think some people are going a bit too far-we have had worse disapointments before in the old game that were just odd. (Something were all guilty of, though I do think I did mine a bit more realistic then some users)

Remember the time I practically killed a new franchise when I had the first installment flop?