RthDeadWov

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

I thought only SM3 was ridiculed? Also, "at least it's better than TASM" is a perfectly fine statement to make. SM3 may be pure crap, but ASM is a bigger log.

Most people will say SM2 is better than ASM. But a decent number of people like ASM better.I think people are evenly split when comparing SM1 and ASM. Hardly anyone would say SM3 is better than ASM except for the biggest Raimi fanboys on the planet.

SM3 is pretty brutal but it at least has some life about it. It has Raimi's kinetic camera style going for it and some singular good scenes. This is better than anything in TASM.http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw

No, that scene doesn't remove the shittiness of the rest of SM3.ASM might be a little slow for a couple of scenes but SM3 is terribly painful to watch hour after hour.One of the worst superhero movies ever made, period.

I guess I'm one of the few who would say SM3 is better despite not being a Raimi fanboy. Look, "better" is a relative term. I'm not claiming I've discovered new found brilliance in SM3 after seeing ASM. It's just a more watchable film. It has more flavor, more humor. ASM is a self-serious bore.

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 1

I've always liked Spider-Man 3 more than most people. And it was only made so Sony could keep the spiderman rights. Even by Normal Hollywood standards it's a cynical fucking cashgrab, and that pisses me off. I thought I'd be able to forgive if it was a decent film, but it wasn't.

Sorry, all I hear is "I hate TASM because they just made it for money", I'm sorry, isn't that the reason Hollywood is even in the business of making films? SM3 was a "cash grab" film. Even more than TASM is. The producers knew they were taking a risk starting over with the origin again. SM4 would have been the surer bet. But from what I know of what they planned for that film, it would have been an even bigger cash grab than SM3. Considering where they were headed, I'm happy TASM is just a "redundant" back to basics film. More than happy.

But the fact that the Holiday weekend thread is so easily derailed into a huge hate-fest for TASM shows that most of you are still being irrational. ;)

Edited by ShAAken not Stirred™
  • Like 5

There's a lot of cheesy shit in Raimi's films that really don't bother me, in fact I think they add to the fun.But the bit in ASM where the cranes lined up for spiderman was painful to watch. Now that was some fucking awful cheesy shit. I don't think I cringed more at anything else I've seen this year.

• Like 2

I've always liked Spider-Man 3 more than most people. And it was only made so Sony could keep the spiderman rights. Even by Normal Hollywood standards it's a cynical fucking cashgrab, and that pisses me off. I thought I'd be able to forgive if it was a decent film, but it wasn't.

How was ASM a cash grab?It was one of the riskiest and most divisive reboots ever made.Spider-man 4 would've been a easier cash grab.
  • Like 1

Sorry but if ASM was a bad movie it would get a higher rottent tomato USER score than SM1 and SM2.

What does this mean to me? I'm merely stating my personal opinion. I'm not taking away from those who enjoyed it.

But the fact that the Holiday weekend thread is so easily derailed into a huge hate-fest for TASM shows that most of you are still being irrational. ;)

I don't even know how we got started on this subject, but why is "irrational" being used? There are a lot of problems with the movie. Nothing wrong with calling them out.

There's a lot of cheesy shit in Raimi's films that really don't bother me, in fact I think they add to the fun.But the bit in ASM where the cranes lined up for spiderman was painful to watch. Now that was some fucking awful cheesy shit. I don't think I cringed more at anything else I've seen this year.

The scene in Sm1 with people throwing stuff at Goblin when he could just throw a pumpkin bomb at them was worse
  • Like 2

TASM was the biggest letdown of the year for me. Completely uninspired, unnecessary reboot with nothing memorable that I have no urge to watch again. The entire Raimi trilogy was better. Even SM3, despite its flaws, is still fun to laugh at. TASM doesn't even have that. It does have a skateboard montage, though! Totally radical!

• Like 1

The scene in Sm1 with people throwing stuff at Goblin when he could just throw a pumpkin bomb at them was worse

The difference is that Raimi embraced the inherent cheese in a Spider-Man film from the get-go and said moments didn't feel out of place. TASM, however, tried to be more serious so when the inherent cheese forced it's way through it ended up being magnified.

TASM was the biggest letdown of the year for me. Completely uninspired, unnecessary reboot with nothing memorable that I have no urge to watch again. The entire Raimi trilogy was better. Even SM3, despite its flaws, is still fun to laugh at. TASM doesn't even have that. It does have a skateboard montage, though! Totally radical!

A skateboard montage that's set to Coldplay IIRC.... God I hate this film.