RthDeadWov

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

We've had one of the best TG weekends ever and people bitching about a movie that's not even playing this weekend. Skyfall/BD2 will push for 300M, Lincoln (125M+), WIR (180-200M) and LOP (100M+) and somehow people are talking about TASM. Hate for it is getting real old, we need to move on.

Where do you think Flight ends up.I don't think Twilight BD2 gets anywhere close to 300 m.

But many of you were ready to hate it months before it was released.Any movie will suck if you hate it before you watch it.

Good grief. Please, spare us.I can't believe we're arguing Spider-Man 3 vs. The Amazing Spider-Man. They both suck. One just sucks a little less.
  • Like 2

What they really scream is an unabashed awareness and fondness of the source material and comic medium. One of the reasons Avengers succeeded too.

Avengers makes you realize how awesome comic books are. Raimi's Spider-man movies make comics look retarded.

Where do you think Flight ends up.I don't think Twilight BD2 gets anywhere close to 300 m.

BD2 if it follows BD1 is looking at 290M and since it's holding better then 300M isn't off the table yet. Flight is looking at about 90M but couple of good holds and 100M could be had.

There's a lot of cheesy shit in Raimi's films that really don't bother me, in fact I think they add to the fun.

But the bit in ASM where the cranes lined up for spiderman was painful to watch. Now that was some fucking awful cheesy shit. I don't think I cringed more at anything else I've seen this year.

While I agree it was a bit corny, Spider-Man is corny. So it fits with the character. I'll take that kind of "cringe factor" over romance cringe. There was enough romance cringe in ALL THREE of Raimi's films to make the crane scene seem like something out of a Scorsese flick.
  • Like 1

So what you're saying is that anybody who doesn't like it had already made up their mind not to like it before they watched it? That's a helluva conspiracy.

Conspiracy is when people get together and plan something, usually something clandestine. What you're talking about is predisposition. I'm inferring people who hated the idea were predisposed to hate it when they saw it.

And I'm not saying "anybody". I'm saying most on here. And I'm basing my hypothesis on patterns of behavior. I think there are some on here that possess a tendency to not "see the forest for the trees" and get caught up in whatever the general sentiment of the board is. I'm not saying this is planned. I think it's subconscious. Like, take TA for example. Great flick. Loved it to death. But it's far from perfect. But don't dare say anything to that effect or bam! here comes the pile on.