RthDeadWov

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

It`s going to open strong because of fanbase. It won`t stomp on every movie on its path like crazies think. Holidays are very lucrative for movies so many movies will do well and some may surprise thus becoming the story of the season. case in Thanksgiving point - Lincoln. Everyone`s talking about it`s run. Runner up - SF. Biggest opener so far BD2 is treated as business as usual because other 2 are outperforming expectations. WB can beat the "our $500 mio tirlogy that prequels Oscar winning almost 3 billion grossing trilogy, with huge build-in fanbase, is an underdog" drum as much as they want but Xmas suprirse will be something doing big numbers that neither had $500 mio behind it nor gigantic build-in fandom. Yep.

What WB has been doing behind-the-scenes building up to its release raises red flags. First "official" press screenings start on Dec. 4th and certain press have been blocked (!) from those. They're being incredibly picky about who gets to see it early. Hence the BS "Hobbit is an underdog" stories from certain sites. Edited by filmnerdjamie

Time to start talking about 150m for Lincoln. This movie is going to play through March.

This, I think that eventually what'll stop it from doing 150m is theatre loss during the holidays. There's no way it can keep 2000+ theatres or keep expanding with the holidays coming up. I suppose it could expand again next week before Hobbit comes in an takes everyone's theatres.

This, I think that eventually what'll stop it from doing 150m is theatre loss during the holidays. There's no way it can keep 2000+ theatres or keep expanding with the holidays coming up. I suppose it could expand again next week before Hobbit comes in an takes everyone's theatres.

Lincoln is Oscar frontrunner. It`ll have nomination boost. It won`t lose many theaters and nomination announcement can only result in adding more (after it loses some).
  • Like 1

200M is possible for Lincoln.

$200 mio.

I'd love for you both to explain to me how it will get there. Not many films open to 20 mill and have a 10 multiplier. Edited by baumer