RthDeadWov

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

There's no way it can keep 2000+ theatres or keep expanding with the holidays coming up.

Yes it will. The Blind Side kept 2000+ screens through the end of January. And Lincoln is still expanding and should add a few hundred more theaters in the next few weeks. It just had back to back weekends of a 12k PTA. You guys realize The Hobbit is just one movie, right? It'll be competition but it's not going to stop Bond and Lincoln in their tracks. Hobbit will get a lot of screens but it's not going to be playing on more than half of the average multiplex's screens. The rest will go to Lincoln, Bond, Guardians, Twilight, Pi, and that horrible-looking Gerard Butler movie.
  • Like 1

Look into middle 1990s or early 2000s.

That's an eon ago in terms of box office. Look, I'm all for it, I love Spielberg and I'd love to see it hit 200 mil, but I just don't know how it can.

I cut em with these. They call that the quart of blood technique, you do that a quart of blood drops out of a persons body. But you wouldn't know nothing about that cause you a big Barry White looking motherf***er!

This has nothing to do with box office.

Boxoffice ‏@BoxofficeOfficial domestic weekend estimate: $24.0 million for RISE OF THE GUARDIANS from 3,653 locations. Location avg. = $6,570.

Very cool. However I'm sure Spielberg will manage at least one $200m grosser before 2020 if this doesn't hit it.

True. And how about this.....if he makes another 300 mill film, then it will be 4 decades with a 300 mill grosser......that's crazy.

Just a thought. If Lincoln does hit 200 mill, that would give Spielberg a 200 million dollar film in 5 straight decades.

Spielberg deserves to have a 200 mio film in 5-6 straight decades and he deserves to finally get his offical (means unadjusted) billion dollar film.