RthDeadWov

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

Todya isa perfect day to talk down Blanchett. Some Blanchitto from AD thought that Blanchett might be pushed for :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Best Actress in The Hobbit. He made a FYC with Blanchett crouching like she`s taking a dumb on the Rivendell`s perfectly scrubbed floor. Sensible ADers didn`t miss a chance to respond with dump-taking gifs from Bridesmaids:http://awardsdailyfo...vember-5/page17Scroll to post 335. :rofl:

Cate Blanchett is a great actress! :angry: Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 3

Ok, this probably has already been discussed here, but what the hell hapenned to Rise of the Guardians? It's not like Wreck-it Ralph is the animation of the moment, there's room for two animations, how come a Dreamworks animated movie open with less than $40m in a 5-day holiday?

Edited by JohnnY

Is anyone besides me tired of these massive drops after the opening weekends? I understand that they can't keep up the business like that, but sheesh... 99M drop? C'mon, man!

That's what happens with serial franchises. There's not much possibility of expanding the audience so there's no one left to pick up the pace after all the fans come out opening weekend. Edited by tribefan695

Another thought: It's pretty amazing to look at this year's top grossing films - Avengers, TDKR, Hunger Games, and soon to be No. 4 Skyfall - and see how they all got good-to-great reviews and achieved their totals by not just huge openings but also healthy legs. There is no Transformers 2 or Spider-Man 3 on the list. If The Hobbit doesn't disappoint critically, we could be looking at the best top 5 ever. Heck, even Breaking Dawn Part 2 is regarded as the best of the series, even though that's not a high bar to reach.

• Like 2

Bridesmaids is very funny. I didn't like it the first time, though. However, Melissa McCarthy getting nominated for BSA was so utterly ridiculous that it almost makes me numb in disbelief. There are plenty of films I hate yet I can understand what their supporters love. McCarthy may have been amusing in Bridesmaids, but she was mostly annoying, and the fact that she got nominated is still a travesty.Sickens me she got more attention than Kristin Wiig, who gave a performance that runs circles around McCarthy.

Another thought: It's pretty amazing to look at this year's top grossing films - Avengers, TDKR, Hunger Games, and soon to be No. 4 Skyfall - and see how they all got good-to-great reviews and achieved their totals by not just huge openings but also healthy legs. There is no Transformers 2 or Spider-Man 3 on the list. If The Hobbit doesn't disappoint critically, we could be looking at the best top 5 ever. Heck, even Breaking Dawn Part 2 is regarded as the best of the series, even though that's not a high bar to reach.

It's great to see you! Congratulations on having a baby boy! That's amazing.But in regards to BD2, it is not the best in the franchise. It's still lower than Twilight and Eclipse on RT.

Bryce Dallas Howard was spectacular in the Help. I was disappointed that she wasn't nominated (although it was expected since she'd been getting very little attention).Chastain should have won BSA, though. Now that's a killer performance. Phenomenal.

• Like 3