RthDeadWov

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

I didn't like BM at all. What an overrated movie. Typical of American comedies though.I don't see why GU and others of the ilk get lambasted when all BM really did was make the same kind of jokes, except with women.Revolutionary, my ass.Despite that, I too think that if any one of the cast was deserving of a nomination, it would be Wiig. She has subtlety in her performance and that's what acting's about. McCarthy gets one-liners but if she deserves a nomination, then Galifinakis does too or Christopher Mintz Plasse or Ken Jeong.

Best Supporting Actress is typically the weakest field out of all awards categories every year. It was even worse last year so McCarthy nomination wasn't really a surprise.

Much more. Voodoo is a religion. Hoodoo is a magic. Movies and fiction sterotyped voodoo as black magic but that`s wrong. I had no idea but a girl I knew threw a fit over a comment and explained things to us.

You remind me of a man.... Edited by Telemachos

By the way, I've checked 2007s dailies (matches up with 2012s) and it now seems like the Hobbit, if good, could make $400m.Everything this weekend will get little to no boost from the holiday dailies because it's not only a month away but theatre count loss will take place because the movies aren't earning anything. Sad, but true, especially when these flicks all look better than shit like Jack Reacher, Guilt Trip, yet another freaking re-release in 3D...Lincoln, Life of Pi and SLP have some hope with Oscar buzz and smart expansions though. Killing Me Softly/Collection/Playing for Keeps might not make $30m combined.There's some hope with the fact that outside the films in the top 10, nothing is making more than a million and has more than 1000 theatres but people have short term memories and these might all be written off by holidailies. Fingers crossed for something different.

Sorry for going off-topic :lol: but those are some fantastic numbers for everything except Rise of the Guardians, but competition for that one was just too strong.

Edited by CJohn

Numbers from same time last year (3 Day Weekend)1) Twilight 41,683,5742) Muppets 29,239,026 1st Week3)Happy Feet 2 13,397,3464) Arthur Christmas 12,068,931 1st Week5) Hugo $11,364,505 1st Week6) Jack and Jill 10,000,1427) Immortals 8,875,9058) Puss In Boots 7,511,0369) The Descendants 7,174,61510) Tower Heist $7,174,615

Edited by MGK17

I think you're right. I should change the subject... sorry guys.Anyway, how terrible was Amazing Spider-Man, right guys?

The Amazing Spider-Man was good and so much better than Raimi's first and third movie. Amirite?*Goes to sleep, expects to see several pages of discussion 8 hours from now* Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1