Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Cochofles

Wonder Woman | 06/ 02 /17 | Dir. Patty Jenkins | Starring Gal Gadot | 411.6 million dollars [819.5 million worldwide]! The fifth highest grossing superhero film of all time!!!

grim22    53,602
2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I wonder how someone who predicted 150/400 in the summer game would feel right about now :cloud9:

I went 120/350 in the game. I think it gets around 70% on RT and gets a whole new demographic of superhero movie watchers into theaters. It just needs to retain 85% of the MoS OW audience and bring in a more female demo to make the 57/43 into 50/50 which I think can be done.

• Like 3

iJackSparrow    5,697

I wonder how someone who predicted 150/400 in the summer game would feel right about now :cloud9:

I'm feeling PRETTY good with my prediction right now:

On 2017-4-29 at 3:38 AM, iJackSparrow said:

I think reviews for this will be GREAT. I have a very strong feeling this will be the first DCEU film that will reach beyond hardcore fanboys, so my early predictions for its box office run at the moment:

Previews Thursday: $21m 

Friday: $45m 

Saturday: $39m

Sunday: $33m

I expect some frontloadness in the preview numbers because superhero fans are eager for a good DCEU film and a good Wonder Woman film. I also expect reviews to be great, ranging around 75%-85% score on RT, so that will definitely help with its box office run. I don't think The Mummy will steal Wonder Woman's thunder at all, so it'll be a relatively easy road for Wonder Woman until Transformers comes around, and even that I don't think will have too much of a bad effect. I see this having a stronger multiplier than Man of Steel, so from a 138m OW I can see this having between a 2.4 to 2.6 multiplier, between 331m to $358m domestically. I basically see Wonder Woman topping at the very least BvS for bigger box office grossing film among the DCEU films (domestically). 

:cloud9:

Thinking actually HIGH END for this right now: around $350m Dom. Not really sure about how it will work OS, but it could very much go at least just as well as Vol. 2. 

grim22    53,602
Just now, iJackSparrow said:

I'm feeling PRETTY good with my prediction right now:

:cloud9:

Thinking actually HIGH END for this right now: around $350m Dom. Not really sure about how it will work OS, but it could very much go at least just as well as Vol. 2. 

21M previews isn't happening based on the sellout count I am seeing. I can buy a max of 12M previews right now. Will do the final counts week after next to see where we stand. If it somehow manages to get to 21M previews, then @Chewy's OW prediction will turn out to be a lowball.

• Like 1

iJackSparrow    5,697
Just now, grim22 said:

21M previews isn't happening based on the sellout count I am seeing. I can buy a max of 12M previews right now. Will do the final counts week after next to see where we stand. If it somehow manages to get to 21M previews, then @Chewy's OW prediction will turn out to be a lowball.

I'm expecting to happen, and still look like the numbers I'm talking about. Positive buzz will lead to that. It actually started today. And no, I wouldn't be surprised if something as crazy as Chewy's prediction happens. 

John Marston    14,575

still going to keep expectations in check. 

Just not getting the same amount of hype and marketing it seems as MOS, BVS, and SS. Also there is a lot of competition. So it will do well but I am still thinking people should keep expectations in check

overseas, especially. DC just isn't as popular as Marvel it seems there. China also seems will be a bust due to a shitty release date

Water Bottle    20,482

I'm keeping the $104 million OW prediction I made in the summer game. But maybe my $258 million DOM total will be too low.

• Like 1

Chewy    50,848

So if this beats tracking by a lot, how much do we attribute to different audience demographics vs good reception vs (the kicker) Imagine Dragons in the late marketing push

• Like 1

iJackSparrow    5,697
Just now, John Marston said:

Just not getting the same amount of hype and marketing it seems as MOS, BVS, and SS. Also there is a lot of competition. So it will do well but I am still thinking people should keep expectations in check

overseas, especially. DC just isn't as popular as Marvel it seems there. China also seems will be a bust due to a shitty release date

Wonder Woman is very well known, even outside the US in my opinion. A good / well received DCEU film is actually something the general audience might be craving for. We are used to great and well received MCU films, but don't understimate the novelty feel that it comes from an Wonder Woman film: first superheroine blockbuster production and first DCEU film with great reception. That's a powerful combo, in my opinion. 

aabattery    18,087

So if this beats tracking by a lot, how much do we attribute to different audience demographics vs good reception vs (the kicker) Imagine Dragons in the late marketing push

Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh.

• Like 1

Water Bottle    20,482
3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Audience Demographics: 5%

Good Reception: 5%

Imagine Dragons: 90%

• Like 2

Jonwo    4,161
7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I don't think WW will have huge previews but we've seen in the past like with BATB and Jurassic World that previews don't indicate how a film does on its OW even though I think WW will be more frontloaded than the films mentioned 

marveldcfox    988

I am sooooo happy right now. A solo female superhero movie getting great reactions and finally a DECU movie gets it right. This is going to own June. $150M OW/$450+ DOM. 

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

aabattery    18,087
6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't think WW will have huge previews but we've seen in the past like with BATB and Jurassic World that previews don't indicate how a film does on its OW even though I think WW will be more frontloaded than the films mentioned 

The average WW gross of films featuring Imagine Dragons songs is over 450M. The sky is the limit for Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

iJackSparrow    5,697
2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I am sooooo happy right now. A solo female superhero movie getting great reactions and finally a DECU movie gets it right. This is going to own June. $150M OW/$450+ DOM. 

Before today I'd say that you were crazy, my $138m ow prediction already seemed crazy. Not anymore. My prediction actually looks tepid right now, haha. I'm thinking on opening a club...

• Like 1

BeastByTheBay    337

I have a feeling tracking is going to fly up these next two weeks. I think the reviews and reactions combined with the fan screenings will give it a nice boost.

Edited by BeastByTheBay
  • Like 1

bangbingchan    348
32 minutes ago, John Marston said:

If ww has MOS number in China.It's not too bad for woman solo.

grim22    53,602
  • Like 8

Chewy    50,848

Should probably caution that these predictions are super high and not terribly likely but whatevs let's have fun

grim22    53,602
Just now, Chewy said:

Should probably caution that these predictions are super high and not terribly likely but whatevs let's have fun

dfe6a83064605d819e3bd604f66feabb.jpg

Thinking a 90M OW is definitely possible with a nice leggy run through June.

• Like 2