Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Cochofles

Wonder Woman | 06/ 02 /17 | Dir. Patty Jenkins | Starring Gal Gadot | 411.6 million dollars [819.5 million worldwide]! The fifth highest grossing superhero film of all time!!!

Water Bottle    20,487
18 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-19%20at%201.22.5

Act 1 - Set up, everything leading up to meeting Anikin 

Which meeting him is obviously Inciting incident 1, see hows theres room for one more scene? Thats thew Maul scene. Boom dinner table new act

Act  2 - Midpoint, Podrace which is exactly half way into the TPM 

Inciting Incident 2 - Leaving Tatooine, Anikin making the design to leave home to become  a Jedi, and or him being too "old"

Act 3 -  Resolution and Climax 

This year, Ive watched 286 movies, Ive read 12 scripts, written 1, and all have had 3 acts. 

A brain can divide things up however the person likes it, But all moves have beginnings, middle and ends. I read an article where this dude was saying Iron Man is 5 acts but thats clearly 3 too, another guy argued 12 angry men was 5 acts, but its based off a 3 act play. 

Generally there is a new act when the main character changes motives or desire.

:ph34r:

WrathOfHan    29,401

Reminder that Umberto said this about Alien:

ChipMunky    2,543
12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm still numb from what I just experienced. I need to digest it all but that film in my humble opinion is a best picture contender.

:insane:

omg a guy who like Wonder Woman ALSO liked the DCEU's previous best reviewed film?!

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

grim22    53,606
1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

And a lot of people on this board are agreeing with him on this as well. Baumer didn't like Covenant, and he likes most horror movies. I haven't seen Covenant yet, but it is definitely getting pretty divisive reactions online My personal fave is @filmnerdjamie

• Like 1

Water Bottle    20,487

Real Act structure of TPM:

Act One: Try to resolve the Naboo situation. The Act ends when they decide to flee Naboo to get help from Coruscant.

Act Two: Try to get help from Coruscant. This includes the Tatooine and Coruscant scenes. The Act ends when they decide to go back to Naboo.

Act Three: Battle for Naboo.

Come at me @Jay Hollywood and @4815162342

Jonwo    4,164

A mini JW/BATB break out won't be a surprise although I think $140-145m is the ceiling, it would be sweet if it did do over $150m

Jonwo    4,164
12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

And a lot of people on this board are agreeing with him on this as well. Baumer didn't like Covenant, and he likes most horror movies. I haven't seen Covenant yet, but it is definitely getting pretty divisive reactions online My personal fave is @filmnerdjamie

It wouldn't be the first time film critics liked a movie that audiences were mixed on. 

Jay Hollywood    13,878
32 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Real Act structure of TPM:

Act One: Try to resolve the Naboo situation. The Act ends when they decide to flee Naboo to get help from Coruscant.

Act Two: Try to get help from Coruscant. This includes the Tatooine and Coruscant scenes. The Act ends when they decide to go back to Naboo.

Act Three: Battle for Naboo.

Come at me @Jay Hollywood and @4815162342

All I was saying is that the movie does have 3 acts 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

All I was saying is that the movie does have 3 acts 

Guys, is there a point to this endless side-conversation on how many acts were in some Star Wars movies?   You have anything to contribute on the Wonder Woman movie discussion?

• Like 2

Valonqar    2,215
50 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I know he's the king of hyperbole but that Fassbdner shade is awesome. :D

iJackSparrow    5,713

rIJAESs.png

I know we shall not address the one who shall not be named, but this is a REAL issue. I always see this place as a sort of a safe haven of stuff like this on its good days, but I wish that we could actually educate those DCEU hardcore fanboys that keep making asses out of themselves instead of having a taboo subject here. This kind of animosity that some hardcore fanboys cause it's just insanity and it actually hurts the film, especially one directed by a woman and one featuring the first superheroine in an honest to Zeus blockbuster film. 

WrathOfHan    29,401
3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I know he's the king of hyperbole but that Fassbdner shade is awesome. :D

Fassbender is by far the best thing about Covenant and gives one of the best performances of his career in it.

ChipMunky    2,543
8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

rIJAESs.png

I know we shall not address the one who shall not be named, but this is a REAL issue. I always see this place as a sort of a safe haven of stuff like this on its good days, but I wish that we could actually educate those DCEU hardcore fanboys that keep making asses out of themselves instead of having a taboo subject here. This kind of animosity that some hardcore fanboys cause it's just insanity and it actually hurts the film, especially one directed by a woman and one featuring the first superheroine in an honest to Zeus blockbuster film. 

I do not agree with most DCEU "fans" and their outrage blah blah blah.

But I also don't really like any review for any movie that disparages another. Making comparisons is fine, but taking shots at other movies in your review is lazy to me.

But I really don't care enough to get mad at a reviewer about it.

• Like 4

Jay Hollywood    13,878
14 minutes ago, CowpersGland3000 said:

Guys, is there a point to this endless side-conversation on how many acts were in some Star Wars movies?   You have anything to contribute on the Wonder Woman movie discussion?

Yes its gonna be fucking huge 

• Like 1

antovolk    6,287
6 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

rIJAESs.png

there's validly comparing and critiquing....then there's being unprofessionally snarky/rude/'shading' about it which is precisely what DC films fans are concerned about.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

rIJAESs.png

I'm curious now.  Eric S SNIDER (not him; please don't ban!) himself did not post a tweet yet on his reaction, right?  He's only responding to some DCEU fans getting overly sensitive??  

I dont think he'll give a positive review...

iJackSparrow    5,713
Just now, antovolk said:

there's validly comparing and critiquing....then there's being unprofessionally snarky/rude/'shading' about it which is precisely what DC films fans are concerned about.

When people use buzz words like "unprofessional reviewer", "objective reviews" and stuff like that I remember gamergate noons and I want to throw up. And NO, I refuse to call these people DC film fans. They are not. I am a DC films fan, the GOOD ONES, namely nothing that came from the DCEU so far. These are DC Film bros, and they attack people online because they dislike their precious films. Of course that if the previous movies were disliked they will be brought up. It's only normal to that to happen. You need to man up and understand that. A lot of people criticize The Dark World and I think that film is great. I don't go out of my way to hunt people that talk bad about films that I love, with the critics approving or not. This is just insanity, and it actually a toxic behavior that makes the fans of the genre to look bad, namely DCEU fans. And we could and should do better than that. 

iJackSparrow    5,713
1 minute ago, CowpersGland3000 said:

I'm curious now.  Eric S SNIDER (not him; please don't ban!) himself did not post a tweet yet on his reaction, right?  He's only responding to some DCEU fans getting overly sensitive??  

I dont think he'll give a positive review...

He is reacting to the DCEU Bros attacking Alisha Grauso yesterday and today (yes, SHE PRAISED THE FILM AND IT'S GETTING ATTACKED, because she dares to dislike the previous film and give credit to Patty Jenkins). I think Snider will give his unbiased review, but people acting like assholes with critics COULD hurt the film. I'm saying this because I care about these characters and I know true superhero fans AREN'T like that. So yeah, fuck this kind of attitude. Unfair with the previous DCEU films my ass. They suck. Grow up and suck up.