iceroll

Breaking Dawn Part 1 OS Thread - UPDATED: $430,884,723

See, I don't think it's going to be a lackluster weekend. I think it will open very strong and it being a Wednesday will make it a softer opening. It looks like sales here in Canada are very strong and i think they are in the US also. I'm not sure if there will be a significant drop internationally but here it looks to be quite strong.

Eclipse opened with 45,000 admissions on a Wednesday.I think Breaking Dawn 1 will crack the 50,000 admissions. Some theaters have the movie in 3 screens. I have never seen that happening before. Never.

See, I don't think it's going to be a lackluster weekend. I think it will open very strong and it being a Wednesday will make it a softer opening. It looks like sales here in Canada are very strong and i think they are in the US also. I'm not sure if there will be a significant drop internationally but here it looks to be quite strong.

Thursday opening in Australia!

Nikki Finke on the opening figures internationally. She spins, so you know...we'll have to compare to opening day for NM or Eclipse to get a feel:

The film is off to a great start internationally as it rolls out roll out in territories around the globe. Early screenings from select territories total $8.9 million USD with many more markets, data and their grosses to come over the coming days. Here is Summit Entertainment’s report:FRANCETWSBD pt 1 opened at #1 in France, grossing 3.83MUSD for its opening day. The film dethroned the highly popular French comedy Intouchables (with 4.3M admissions after 3weeks), to the #2 spot and also ahead of hugely popular Tintin that has garnered 4.74M admissions after 4 weeks.It is the third highest opening result for this year in France, behind “Harry Potter” and “Tintin”, largely ahead of “Transformers 3”, “Pirates of the Caribbean” or “Planet of the Apes”. The film is performing very well across the country in all provincesFirst screenings at the Le Grand Rex theater in Paris was sold out and during the screenings there, audience members could not hear all of the dialog as it was being drowned out by fans screaming their support during the film’s presentation.AUSTRALIAAustralia’s midnight screenings for TWSB pt 1 were a huge success last night coming in with an amazing 1.27M USDITALYTWSBD opened #1 in Italy with a box office of $2.3M USD. TWSBD pt 1 is the film that Italian distributors have unanimously voiced is the film they have been waiting for to put a spark back into movie-going in the country.We still anticipate further figures from 30 screens (regional locations), which we are expecting to come through later.BELGIUMTWSBD pt 1 had a tremendous opening in Belgium taking in $786,595USD. TWSBD pt 1’s film sales were 63.78 % of all the Wednesday film business, which is amazing for the region.The film dethroned local favorite Tintin 3D. This is especially notable considering the fact that unlike Eclipse’s opening, it was not during a summer or holiday period.SWEDENSweden had a great opening night and a strong opening day, with a box office $757K USD

Edited by tracygee

I'll do some research but I'm pretty sure that 1.2m USD mids in Australia is below both eclipse amd new moon. 1.6m and 1.7m are their numbers. For comparison DH1 a year ago made 1m mids on it's way to 4m OD and a 15m OW. But this too is deceptive as that was the first time potter had mids. New moon made 5m off a 1.7m mids and a 16m OW. (all in AUD). FYI - current exchange rate almost means AUD = USD. so a 1.2m mids could mean a 3.5m OD and around a 12m OW. well below new moon and even below eclipse (after a Wednesday opening). Not good. Appears BD1 is heading for an opening between 11m and 15m.

I'll do some research but I'm pretty sure that 1.2m USD mids in Australia is below both eclipse amd new moon. 1.6m and 1.7m are their numbers. For comparison DH1 a year ago made 1m mids on it's way to 4m OD and a 15m OW. But this too is deceptive as that was the first time potter had mids. New moon made 5m off a 1.7m mids and a 16m OW. (all in AUD). FYI - current exchange rate almost means AUD = USD. so a 1.2m mids could mean a 3.5m OD and around a 12m OW. well below new moon and even below eclipse (after a Wednesday opening). Not good. Appears BD1 is heading for an opening between 11m and 15m.

I really wouldnt be shocked if it is even lower than that.

Breaking Dawn draws $8.9m on first international day

Early international estimates are in for Summit International’s latest Twilightepisode as the film opens top in France on $3.8m on opening day and top in Italy on $2.3m.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 grossed $8.9m in total in a series of opening days around the world, led by that result in France that produced the third biggest opening day of the year.

The film took $1.3m in midnight screenings in Australia, $786,595 on opening day in Belgium and $757,000 in Sweden.

Breaking Dawn - Part 1 opens day-and-date with North American this weekend in 54 markets and ventures into the UK, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, CIS, Taiwan, Argentina, the Netherlands, South Africa, Poland and Turkey.