kayumanggi

PHILIPPINES BOX OFFICE thread​

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

I see Youth supporting Leni, while Elders &Parents going for BBM.

Some reason why Youth doesn't like BBM is because of compulsory military training, sick history, illiterate people like actor being choose over a well known lawyer... etc.

I was literally shocked when Chel Diokno lost. Even, Elders discrediting Leni for being female was just out of world to me (ノ`⌒´)ノ┫:・┻┻

Yeah most supporters of Leni are Youth.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

I see Youth supporting Leni, while Elders &Parents going for BBM.

Some reason why Youth doesn't like BBM is because of compulsory military training, sick history, illiterate people like actor being choose over a well known lawyer... etc.

I was literally shocked when Chel Diokno lost. Even, Elders discrediting Leni for being female was just out of world to me (ノ`⌒´)ノ┫:・┻┻

BBM is not the one who implement the military training,it was his Vice President Sarah Duterte,the daughter of the Ex-President Rodrigo Duterte.

Some old people living in Philippines who experienced Martial Law said that Martial Law wasnt bad at all,Ex-President Ferdinand Marcos just want to make his country peaceful because terrorism in Philippines is rising, that's why he implement Martial Law but most Filipinos before misunderstood the Martial Law, that's why Filipinos sees Marcoses as evil but now after BBM won and Maid in Malcañang movie made ,the truth came out that they are not the evil that people thought they are. 

• Like 1

I probably haven't seen the other side of the story but majority of my Filipino friends just want to leave the country, some call for international adoption. Others share stories of Martial Laws &people killed in those years. So, if I don't talk to a BBM supporter. I would probably not know how good BBM is...

I did my own research, and after seeing their candidates having lesser field experience &education qualification just place a big question mark to where Philippines is heading now. 

Not a Political Thread, Let's stop here (。ŏ﹏ŏ)

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

I probably haven't seen the other side of the story but majority of my Filipino friends just want to leave the country, some call for international adoption. Others share stories of Martial Laws &people killed in those years. So, if I don't talk to a BBM supporter. I would probably not know how good BBM is...

I did my own research, and after seeing their candidates having lesser field experience &education qualification just place a big question mark to where Philippines is heading now. 

Not a Political Thread, Let's stop here (。ŏ﹏ŏ)

I guess Philippines is doing fine,there's no bad things happening there about Politics but the country suffer a massive earthquake 

On 9/15/2022 at 12:58 AM, kaijukurt said:

I find it disappointing that this the Filipino film the moviegoing public chose to show up for. 

We won't be able to prove this, but a big part of that gross was probably from the family. There is no way it makes that amount just from the moviegoers alone. SM cinemas were booked even though there weren't many people watching. I have the feeling that SM had already been paid whether people watch it or not. Life is very hard in the country right now with all the rising prices and whatnot. Filipinos will not prioritize watching such a film. Also, remember those free tickets? They gave a lot of those according to the guards at the cinemas. They even sent tickets to Catholic schools despite these schools being staunch critics of the Marcos's regime.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

Deadline Black Adam B.O. article

A bit smaller than I expected, though I think the weak peso has something to do with that. 

And life has been difficult, you know plus the fact that ticket prices have increased significantly. This is hard for families. Before the pandemic I could watch a movie for P240 - P280. Now it's P300 - P370. For a family of 4, that's very expensive, and that does not even include food.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:20 PM, kayumanggi said:

And life has been difficult, you know plus the fact that ticket prices have increased significantly. This is hard for families. Before the pandemic I could watch a movie for P240 - P280. Now it's P300 - P370. For a family of 4, that's very expensive, and that does not even include food.

Unfortunately. :( 

• Sad 1