#ED

The Top 10 Comic Book Movies of All Time [2012](Ranked by the Boxoffice Forums)

Never done before?? What about X-Men and Fantastic Four? (If It's fair to you make those silly comparisions...)TDK is the best comic book ever (not my opnion, just consensus)

X-Men and FF weren't a crossover between different franchises. Nor were they very true to their roots (even Singer's films, while good, bore little resemblance to the comics). TA looks like a Jack Kirby panel come to life in some of it's best scenes. I just found it refreshing that there could be a hugely successful comic book movie that wasn't ashamed of its source material.

There have been plenty of those in the past. Donner's Superman and Raimi's Spider-Man come to mind immediate

Agree on both of those. But there haven't been a whole lot in the last ten years outside of the MCU, unless you count smaller comic book movies like Kick Ass and Scott Pilgrim. Most big budget comic book movies have been aimed at non-fans of late, in the same way that Abrams' Trek has been aimed at non-Trekkies. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but it is possible to please both geeks and the GA.

Spider-Man is not "adored" by this forum. Spider-Man 2 is nearly tied in points with TDKR, and is ranked higher(nearly twice as many points) than IM(Which is also "adored"). I think this is a pretty good list. I would switch SM2 and TDKR, but other than that, it looks very good to me.

Spider-Man is not "adored" by this forum. Spider-Man 2 is nearly tied in points with TDKR, and is ranked higher(nearly twice as many points) than IM(Which is also "adored"). I think this is a pretty good list. I would switch SM2 and TDKR, but other than that, it looks very good to me.

I think Darknight and SM2 represent the top quality of SH films of all time...For the drama, well written storylines, acting and brillance shown through each movie.  Avengers is the best at giving folks the most enjoyable ride so far in the history of  modern day comic movies in the genre and AV is definitely one of most exciting and fun films of any genre. So I would give Avengers a close runner up

to TDK and SM2. Theres some definite bias in ranking TDK over SM2... SM2 is a far more complete SH film, why TDK Represents the nbest real world dramatically done SH film of all time. SM2 had the drama, comedy romance and sense of hero and its rated the best by most movie fans along with TDK for entirely different reasons. :)

My top 12.

TDK and SM2 tie for number 1.

2. Avengers

3.Man of Steel

4. Batman Begins

5. SM1 2002

6. Superman 78

7. Batman 89

8. Xmen United

9. Batman 3(With Val Kilmer and Jim Carrey)

10. Iron Man I

11. Iron Man 3

112. Transformers I and 3 (Tie)

Look at Snyder though. Watchmen and 300 are unashamedly comic book movies. Hell, Sin City is another one. The Spirit (lol) is another.

Look at Snyder though. Watchmen and 300 are unashamedly comic book movies. Hell, Sin City is another one. The Spirit (lol) is another.

Lol you know Redfirebird bud, two I have a fond love for...Are the Phantom with the Billy Zane, and the Shadow with Alex Baldwin. Remember those :)..LOL

• Like 1

How the f**k is Transformers a comic book movie? :P

Karl buddy it was always considered a comic/sci-fi blend movie.. Transformers

was a toy then comic almost simultaneously :). Optimus Prime is also voted one of the most loved

SHs of all time. Do a google search of all time SHero list. :)

Personally, I think X2 is one of the most forgettable CBMs. On my master list of all superhero movies, it comes to (checks) #21, behind the original X-Men and ahead of Batman Forever. Iron Man 2, Batman Returns, and Superman II are all ahead of it as well.

My personal favorite Top 10 list: It's a modern list, I kinda have a different list for the classic ones.

1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man 1

3. The Dark Knight

4. Spider Man 2

5. Captain America: The First Avenger

6. Spider Man 1 (tie)

6. Iron Man 3 (tie)

8. X-Men First Class

9. Batman Begins

10. Thor

My personal favorite Top 10 list: It's a modern list, I kinda have a different list for the classic ones.

1. The Avengers

2. Iron Man 1

3. The Dark Knight

4. Spider Man 2

5. Captain America: The First Avenger

6. Spider Man 1 (tie)

6. Iron Man 3 (tie)

8. X-Men First Class

9. Batman Begins

10. Thor

About 2 weeks after Thor is released everywhere I will make this thread again along with some add-ons for 2013.

• Like 4

My list (placeholder for when we open up the votes) as of mid august 2013 :

1. TDK

2. X-Men first class

3. Watchmen

4. The Avengers

5. Batman Begins

6. X-Men 2

7. X-Men last stand

8. Spider Man 2

9. Spider man

10. Thor

11. TDKR

12. Iron Man 3

13. The incredible Hulk

14. Iron Man

15. Man Of Steel

16. The Wolverine

17. X-Men 1

18. X-men origins : Wolverine

19. Captain America

20. Blade 1

21. Amazing Spider man

22. Spider Man 3

23. Daredevil

24. Kick Ass

25. Batman 1989

A/A+ territory

1. Batman Begins

2. The Dark Knight Rises

A-/A territory

3. Spider-Man 2

4. Superman Returns

5. The Dark Knight

6. Watchmen

7. The Wolverine

B+ territory

8. X2: X-Men United

9. Batman Returns

10. Hulk

X-Men: First Class

Iron Man 3

Spider-Man

Iron Man

Man of Steel

B territory

Marvel's The Avengers

Spider-Man 3

X-Men: The Last Stand

The Incredible Hulk

C+/B- territory

The Amazing Spider-Man

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Thor

X-Men

C-/C territory

Iron Man 2

Captain America: The First Avenger

Green Lantern

D-/D/D+ territory

Fantastic Four

Ghost Rider

Batman

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Batman Forever

F territory

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Catwoman (yeah, I only watched 5 minutes of it)