Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

Don't Be Afraid of The Dark was absolutely terrible.

So Del Toro's name means nothing to me.

I find it hilarious, when a horror movie gets some A-list actors, the media start referring to it as a thriller.

This is a ghost story. Ghost stories are horror films. End of.

Charlie Hunnam may be handsome, but he's a seriously bad actor.

But the Orphanage was amazing, if you want to count producer credits when it comes to the talents of Del Toro (for some odd reason).  Also Mama wasn't to shabby either.

How about Cronos, Devil's Backbone, Pan's Labyrinth?  Those are awesome films. Which he directed.

Plus i thought del toro originally said this was a gothic romance film with supernatural elements/ghosts? 

Edited by GypsyDanger
  • Like 1

Don't Be Afraid of The Dark was absolutely terrible.So Del Toro's name means nothing to me.I find it hilarious, when a horror movie gets some A-list actors, the media start referring to it as a thriller.This is a ghost story. Ghost stories are horror films. End of.Charlie Hunnam may be handsome, but he's a seriously bad actor.

He's great on SOA
  • Like 1

I find it hilarious, when a horror movie gets some A-list actors, the media start referring to it as a thriller.

This. There`s an obivously horror stigma so they call it a thriller because thriller sounds more serious and A-list. Whereas everyone and their mother knows any ghost movie is as A-list and serious as Paranormal Activity. Except that Z-list cast adds some authenticity to PA which big names would totally defuse.

Edited by fishnets

This. There`s an obivously horror stigma so they call it a thriller because thriller sounds more serious and A-list. Whereas everyone and their mother knows any ghost movie is as A-list and serious as Paranormal Activity. Except that Z-list cast adds some authenticity to PA which big names would totally defuse.

Del Toro describes it as a gothic romance movie that is also a love/ghost story. He says at its core it is a scary movie and is dark. So yes its a horror movie, but shouldn't be labeled as only this. I think this is more The Orphanage and The Others than NoES or Halloween. In all the times he has talked about CP only once have I found he mentioned it as a horror movie:

This is my first foray into horror since Sci-Fi/Horror 'Mimic.' DBB ['The Devil’s Backbone'] was more of an essay on ghosts than a ghost story and, except as a producer, I have not returned to scary stuff in a long time. Glad you guys are jazzed. So am I!!

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/guillermo-del-toro-says-crimson-peak-is-a-gothic-romance-with-ghosts-20121206

So it is a ghost story and which way you see this as a horror movie is your view.

• Like 1

He said in an interview it's one of his favourite scary stories. We know its a ghost story.He produces/puts his name on things he thinks are good. He produced DBAOTD, Mama, Splice and Julia's Eyes. And I didn't like any of them. So his name is no longer a draw for me. The only thing he's done that I've seen and enjoyed was the Orphanage.There. I think I answered all of your questions.

Yeh del torro said in an interview it's one of his favourite scary stories. Search it on twitter. What CP? Did I say otherwise?He attached his name to something he thought was good. And I thought it was awful. Good? What movie are you talking about here?He produced Mama, Julia's Eyes and Splice too. I'm saying his name means nothing to me anymore because I've been disappointed in all of the things I've seen from him apart from The Orphanage. Which was terrific. Again produced is not the same as directed. Did I answer all your questions? No.

• Like 1

He said in an interview it's one of his favourite scary stories. We know its a ghost story.  I know its a ghost story. He produces/puts his name on things he thinks are good. He produced DBAOTD, Mama, Splice and Julia's Eyes. And I didn't like any of them. Your choice. So his name is no longer a draw for me. The only thing he's done that I've seen and enjoyed was the Orphanage.There. I think I answered all of your questions. I don't think you did. Do you think its more like NoES or the Orphange? Different levels of horror.

I didn't say anything about him as a director only. im speaking about him in general. I said his name doesn't inspire confidence in me and it is no longer a draw. Because I've been consistently let down by the past 4 projects that he has produced.You didn't say otherwise about the ghost story, but you asked if it had been confirmed, and yes it has,

• Like 1

I didn't say anything about him as a director only. im speaking about him in general. I said his name doesn't inspire confidence in me and it is no longer a draw. Because I've been consistently let down by the past 4 projects that he has produced.You didn't say otherwise about the ghost story, but you asked if it had been confirmed, and yes it has,

Huh? I know about the ghost story check my post above. BTW what movie were you talking about here "He said in an interview it's one of his favourite scary stories." Your opinion, but for me I won't let producing credits get in the way of my liking a movie.

• Like 1

I didn't say anything about "levels of horror".What you're referring to are called sub-genres. ANOES being a slasher and The Orphanage being a supernatural horror.

I know about sub-genres. Its a gothic romance movie.

Hopefully she isn't. She hasn't got a good scream! See Mama. His producing credit isn't getting in the way of my liking of a film. What I'm saying is that I'm not going to get too excited. I'll see how it is when it's out. His name doesn't make me optimistic.

Hopefully she isn't. She hasn't got a good scream! See Mama.His producing credit isn't getting in the way of my liking of a film. What I'm saying is that I'm not going to get too excited. I'll see how it is when it's out. His name doesn't make me optimistic.

Fair enough.