Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

THE SHAY'S 10 MOST WANTED OF FALL/WINTER SEASON:

1. Star Wars (yeah, despite BOOyega)

2. Pan (seeing it in 3 days, with this director and visuals it can't be less than marvelous)

3. Spectre (if it is half as good as Skyfall, still gonna rock)

4. The Last Witch Hunter (my body is ready for the perfect Shay movie)

5. In The Heart of the Sea (has every chance of being all kinds of awesome)

6. Crimson Peak (del Toro in top visual form)

7. Victor Frankenstein (gonna LOVE it!! McAvoy is a force)

8. Goosebumps (looks bad but I'll believe the hype)

9. The Good Dinosaur (I'll see this kiddie flick - but I already hate it)

10. The Martian (knew how boring it was gonna be, but it still managed to disappoint me)

Looks like a great end for a dismal year - and then 2016 is gonna be heaven!! :)

PS: And the rest didn't even make it into the Top:

* Bridge of Spies looks like another terribly boring and pointless late Spielberg (though with shiny visuals)

* Mockingjay - the only good thing about this mother is that it is the FINAL chapter that will finally rid the world of this YA abomination

* Sicario could have been in the Top 10, but blew its chance by being mediocre-ish

• Like 1

Tron Legacy didn't seem to lose anything in the expanded scenes.

It was 1.78:1 for the IMAX-3D scenes and 2.35:1 for the rest. If you don't crop, then you don't fully utilize a native IMAX screen. If you want to keep the aspect ratios the same, then you probably crop both slightly (one on top/bottom, the other on the sides) and present it in something like 1.9:1 or 2:1.

• Like 1

:lol: I wasn't intending to slam them at all. But that explains why the JW trailer filled your screen... because the screen was 1:85:1. That's all, carry on. :)

You can slam them all you want, I slam them as well :lol: But I have no better options :lol: 

You can feel the director savoring the anticipation and then resolving it skillfully and grandly. The result is del Toro’s best film since “Pan’s Labyrinth,” one that should rightly become a staple for many Halloweens to come.

http://www.thewrap.com/crimson-peak-review-guillermo-del-toro-mia-wasikowska-tom-hiddleston-jessica-chastain/

Why did I think it was in the 150 range?

$50m? Pffft, it'll be fine.

Del Toro has enough of a following so that the film will break even and probably make a modest profit.

Reality is studios are willing to fund Del Toro's low budget efforts because there are a very reasonable gamble;but shy away from his bigger budget attempts because they are a bad gamble. Del Toro is a niche filmmaker. "Pacific Rim" was his attempt to make a huge crowd pleasing success but he fell short when it came to the box office.

On the other hand, I am glad to see Del Toro return to "Pan's Lanyrinth" country. I could make the argument that Del Toro is at his best with limited budget projects;that with major budget projects he gets too involved with his expensive toys and the quality of the film suffers.

• Like 1

Alonso Duralde / TheWrap

October 13, 2015

The insanely lush Gothic romance and ghost story plays like a hitherto unrecorded collaboration between Edgar Allen Poe, Edith Wharton, the designers of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion and whoever directed all those Bonnie Tyler music videos in the 1980s. Full Review

I hope the movie is as cool as that sounds.

[humming A Total Eclipse Of The Heart.]

Interesting that del Toro said he tried and failed to get this movie financed with a $30m budget and had to bump it to $50m to get financing. :lol:

Actually he failed to get it financed from any of the majors. Universal has put up precisely 0$ of the budget here, the exposure on this movie is completely on Legendary apparently.