Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

It looks like a fanboy film without being based on fanboy source material.

ID4

Inception

JP

IAL

Titanic

The Matrix

Weren't based on fanboy source material and made 165M+/460M+ all of them.

ID4

Inception

JP

IAL

Titanic

The Matrix

Weren't based on fanboy source material and made 165M+/460M+ all of them.

Well there's also the fact that del Toro, who's being plugged in the marketing, has never directed a big blockbuster.

Well there's also the fact that del Toro, who's being plugged in the marketing, has never directed a big blockbuster.

Neither did Emmerich before ID4, as well as the Wachowski's, Lawrence (Constantine?).

Neither did Emmerich before ID4, as well as the Wachowski's, Lawrence (Constantine?).

Independence Day was timely (July 4), I Am Legend had Will Smith, Matrix had the most unique scifi concept and was mostly WOM driven, and the idea of a fanboy driven film wasn't as prominent then as it is now. PR looks more like a fanboy film which isn't really gonna draw the GA, yet there's no fanboy source material. It looks mostly reliant only on del Toro's name, not too dissimilar from Snyder with Sucker Punch.

Independence Day was timely (July 4), I Am Legend had Will Smith, Matrix had the most unique scifi concept and was mostly WOM driven, and the idea of a fanboy driven film wasn't as prominent then as it is now. PR looks more like a fanboy film which isn't really gonna draw the GA, yet there's no fanboy source material. It looks mostly reliant only on del Toro's name, not too dissimilar from Snyder with Sucker Punch.

Well you can find loopholes in anything. PR has WB's July spot.

OotP was this date. They have for the past few years. ;)

But since TDK, WB has usually had the third Friday. PR has the second. ;)

And like I said, WB doesn't have a patent on the spot. It's just a comfort spot which has generally been used for HP and Nolan. Del Toro ain't that level.

But since TDK, WB has usually had the third Friday. PR has the second. ;)

And like I said, WB doesn't have a patent on the spot. It's just a comfort spot which has generally been used for HP and Nolan. Del Toro ain't that level.

Tell that to CatCF, it seems to begin here. Its still that mid-July spot. ;) I didn't say he was it is reserved for their tentpole movies.

Edited by Neo