121 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Inception

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Lol guys, the so-called wobble is very long and consistent, but its just barely wobbling, barely. If it was a big wobble at the end, I'd buy it.

The whole movie was a dream. The "dreams feel real while we're dreaming, its only when we wake up we realize that something was actually strange" line drives this home. The movie is Cobb having a dream about dreams. End of story. The movie even randomly starts off in a dream.

People are just looking for something that isn't there. Lovely internetz. Posted Image

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

Lol guys, the so-called wobble is very long and consistent, but its just barely wobbling, barely. If it was a big wobble at the end, I'd buy it.

The whole movie was a dream. The "dreams feel real while we're dreaming, its only when we wake up we realize that something was actually strange" line drives this home. The movie is Cobb having a dream about dreams. End of story. The movie even randomly starts off in a dream.

People are just looking for something that isn't there. Lovely internetz. Posted Image

Yet when the totem spins in every other dream through-out the movie, it doesn't wobble at all, it's always constant.

There is no right or wrong answer. It can be looked at both ways so don't assume everyone is wrong simply because you don't agree with them.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

Michael Caine says the end is real. So you better believe it.

Posted Image

Seriously, the first thing I noticed was the wobble at the end, so I was like, yep, probably real. And I prefer it that way. I'd like to think Cobb got his happy ending so to speak. The wedding ring evidence (which seems a little more than intentional) I think would support that.

First viewing is a pretty intense and gripping experience, but the over-reliance on expository dialogue makes this one more of a chore to get through with repeat viewings. Some great performances from Leo and Tom Hardy, and JGL was fine as well. The 2nd half is still very entertaining for me to watch. Middle of the pack Nolan film.

Fuck you Jake

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

"I need to see my kids again"

There are numerous ways one can look at this statement.

- The fact that the children's faces are not revealed until the final scene of the film (one of the theories of the film) indicates that if it was all a dream and Cob's subconscious was not allowing him to see their faces until he knew, or at least accepted, that they were real. In this case, seeing them indicates an internal struggle to allow himself to see them and accept them.

- An alternative theory is the more literal one, where he wants to physically get home to America and be with his kids again. Some argue why he couldn't just fly the kids to him. Putting aside the numerous plot holes that would form if the movie had taken that direction (Getting Mal's mother to agree to sign the papers allowing them to fly, the fact that they could trace them to Cobb's location), what kind of father would want his kids to be raised in a world where their lives are constantly in danger and they have to run from authorities and hit-men all the time? Which leads to the underlying theme of the film...

- "I want to see my kids" is a metaphor for "I want the nightmare to be over". Whether Cobb's life of being hired by shifty organizations and running from authorities/hitmen is a dream or reality, he just wants it to end; he wants to have a normal life. He wants to see his kids without all of that baggage.

The film just works on so many levels and gets better with each viewing.

• Like 1

The moment he opens the safe and see's the Windmill! Instant A.

I remember walking out the midnight showing picking my jaw up from the floor. 

I really hope they re-release it sometimes cause I really want to watch it on the big screen... I would've loved to see it on Opening Weekend with a big crowd... -.- I hate you.

No, I don't...but still:(

• Like 1

I really hope they re-release it sometimes cause I really want to watch it on the big screen... I would've loved to see it on Opening Weekend with a big crowd... -.- I hate you.

No, I don't...but still:(

It was a great experience with the crowd. When the jump cut happens at the end, you could hear some groans, some gasps, some laughter. Some gasps followed by laughter. I was one of the ones who went, "What?" and then started laughing because I realized what Nolan had done. And then some clapping once people realized what had just happened.

• Like 6

Michael Caine says the end is real. So you better believe it. 

Of course it was real. Not only the totem made the tinest but still detectable wobble, closing credits revealed (and Nolan later confirmed) 2 sets of kids. Memory kids woulnd't age but Cobb's kids at the end were older. So it's real. 

Finally, if the ending wasn't real it would defy the purpose of the movie. It was really a movie about the power of emotions (evident in Murphy's subplot too) than about mind-games.

Exceptional movie, deservedly one of the most influential of the new decade.

• Like 3