121 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Inception

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Watched this tonight. Hadn't watched it in the last year or so. Great fucking movie. I love the way Nolan put the dream levels together. Lots of cool ideas throughout the film. Despite all the people griping about the suppose lack of emotion, the core of the film are two very emotional topics and both are handled very well IMHO.

• Like 8

Watched this tonight. Hadn't watched it in the last year or so. Great fucking movie. I love the way Nolan put the dream levels together. Lots of cool ideas throughout the film. Despite all the people griping about the suppose lack of emotion, the core of the film are two very emotional topics and both are handled very well IMHO.

Imho, Inception, alongside Gravity, is the best blockbuster since the original Matrix.

• Like 8

One word to describe Inception, Pretentious! A movie which tries to hide its flaws using an overly complicated plot which tricks the GA to think the movie is so complex and uber intelligent! 6/10.

Solid arguments related to that.

I thought this movie was great, my only problem with it was the final act which started to drag and Ellen Page's one line which was pretty stupid. When Cob is snipping all the projections at the end she asks him why he's just killing everyone, concerned about lives being lost and he explains they are just projections. This girl was smart and it just felt out of place for her character to say something stupid like that after everything had already been explained then 2 minutes later is smart enough to figure away of salvaging the mission when they think they've failed.Anyways, rant over. It's still a very well made film with a smart screenplay. The score is pretty epic as well, makes the ending so much more powerful.A-

Edited by Jessie

One of the few movies that I've ever been hyped for that lived up to their hype. This is also the only movie that I rewatched the day after I first saw it because it was so intriguing and complicated in the best way possible that you can never get tired of watching it. Everything was great in this movie: the writing, acting, score, cinematography, direction and more than anything the pacing. The structure of this movie is brilliant: everything is explained in the first act, but you still can't predict what will happen, many hints are dropped throughout the movie and you'll miss them the first time but it won't matter. Every time you watch it again, you discover something new and that's what makes it great. I love how the final act was compiled and how it keeps me at the edge of my seat every time. All in all, a great experience that I like to rewatch at least twice a year and that'll never get old to me :)

10/10

In my top5 of all time :)

• Like 4

Imho, Inception, alongside Gravity, is the best blockbuster since the original Matrix.

Gravity is a good movie, I'm not denying that, but it's one of those movies that are good only when they're in theaters. The effects and the 3D was what made Gravity such an awesome science fiction thriller, if you will. Just imagine seeing it on a small screen - not nearly as awesome as in theaters.

• Like 1