121 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Inception

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Amazing movie. So many memorable scenes. I think I was obsessed with this movie/Nolan/the cast for the rest of that year. The only reason I even saw Looper was because I thought it'd be as good as Inception (it wasn't even close). Definitely in my top 5. One of the few movies I've seen twice in theaters and many times since. I wish I could see it in theaters again, hopefully it's one of those movies that gets re-released sometime in the future. The score is also amazing, especially Time. A+

Technically the movie is nearly flawless. Great visials, good acting, great direction. But all in all, I felt the concern that others expressed about it having not enough heart. The characters are indifferent enough to let you not care about them. Another problem I had was that from a point on it felt like trying too hard to be smart. The whole concept is good but it gets too confusing from a point on and it loses the interest it had.

All in all, a more forgettable Matrix.

B-

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

Watched this again.

The action in the film is not great in some scenes but it really is a feast for the mind and eyes in terms of visuals and storytelling. 

Nolan did something in this film I think many modern directors fail to do...When you watch an epic film, the director should add in a moment to make audiences reflect upon what they saw or experienced to really make appreciate the story.

When Leo wakes up and is shocked and bewildered and all his colleagues look at him, it really made you go "holy crap what a mind trip this film was!" 

Modern Classic

Edited by Lordmandeep