#ED

How Batman Survived At The End Of The TDKR FINALLY EXPLAINED!!!!

I really don't care all too much about that. It just adds to his legend. There are much more pressing problems with TDKR than how Batman survived at the end.

I'm sure you read comments on this forum about people bitching about the ending. This was directed to them.
  • Like 1

Nope, that still makes no sense. Why didn't someone see that happen?

It was a mile away from people's view. Edited by Christmas ED

Even that wouldn't have saved him from a nuke. The only think that works for me is that, just like the Batmobile in TDK, the cockpit was an escape pod that jettisoned into the water, deep into the water.

Regardless of how unbelievable that part was, there were more important issues that TDKR suffered from that kept it from the greatness of the first two films. #1 being not one, but two very long parts without Batman. And #2 being the "revelation" of Miranda as a villain. Obviously I figured out before the film was released that Talia would be in the film. But I still like to be surprised by the revelation scene, if only for who I'm watching it with. Bane tells them to "bring her to me" then suddenly she's back with the others. It was painfully obvious that Bane saved her to continue the charade that she was good, thus revealing her as a villain. So when the time came for her big "reveal", I would think everyone was like, "duh".

This is the second time Nolan's twist was anti-climactic for me. The first was The Prestige.

• Like 1

Easy.Bruce is dead. The ending is all Alfred's imagination. Alfred cannot take the reality so he created all in his mind.

Nope. Actually the whole batman trilogy was just Alfred's dream. There's not batman at all. Alfred wanted to be a hero when he was young, but he couldn't, so now he had to dream about it.In fact, you know what? There are no films at all. There's no such a man named Nolan. The whole thing is created by Matrix to make us believe we're watching a movie, and we live in a real world. We're actually sleeping in water tanks right now, generating electricity for the machine world.
  • Like 10

• Community Manager

It was painfully obvious that Bane saved her to continue the charade that she was good, thus revealing her as a villain. So when the time came for her big "reveal", I would think everyone was like, "duh".

I thought it was a twist since I didn't see it coming. Neither did my dad or my sister. :unsure:

I thought it was a twist since I didn't see it coming. Neither did my dad or my sister. :unsure:

I didn't see it coming either.I thought Batman was the world's greatest detective though, so I'm kinda surprised that Batman didn't see it coming either. Maybe Nolan's Batman isn't the world's greatest detective.
  • Like 1

That wouldn't be the case. We see the Bat even after the explosion, and it's still perfectly fine. Had Batman ejected himself out of his seat the Bat would have been destroyed, but it didn't.My theory is Batman cut the cable at the last second, letting the bomb fall into the ocean.

Basically no-one knows how he survived because if Nolan can't think of a way to explain certain things, he just doesn't and everyone still thinks he's a genius. Like How did Bane know where Batmans batmobile was??? It doesn't matter, because Nolan can do no wrong.Nolans philosophy - If you cant explain, don't bother trying to.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

It's easy to explain how he survived. At the end, when the two guys were checking The Bat, Lucius mentioned that everything was top notch but the auto pilot, which they claimed, was alright. Lucius asked them who fixed it and they said that Bruce Wayne did, six months ago.So he put The Bat on auto pilot and jumped out somewhere before the big explosion - the Bat went on, and he survived.

• Like 5

I didn't see it coming either.

I thought Batman was the world's greatest detective though, so I'm kinda surprised that Batman didn't see it coming either. Maybe Nolan's Batman isn't the world's greatest detective.

60's Batman: Solves silly riddles and figures out in the blink of an eye that Schmidlap is actually The Penguin.

Burton Batman: "Let's go shopping". Yeah, he makes an antidote for Joker's formula, yet it took nearly the whole film to figure out The Joker killed his parents. Batman Returns gave his detecting skills little to do and he should have known by the way Selina was acting that she was Catwoman.

Schumacher Batman: At least The Riddler presented Kilmer's version with something to chew on and he was able to realize the death of Riddler's boss was no suicide. But why the hell didn't he figure out that VR room was a trap? Clooney's Batman...nothing really needs to be said.

Nolan's Batman: Every time he investigated anything, he ended up looking like a fool or just looked absurd. BB: Investigating the bears with drugs in them, Scarecrow sets him on fire. TDK: Stood there silently while Gordon and Dent figured it out for him. TDKR: Used Catwoman to find Bane's lair...we all know how that worked out for him.

We've yet to see Batman as "The World's Greatest Detective" on the big screen.

• Like 2