baumer

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

14 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I was so looking forward to seeing my favorite super hero on the big screen (Silver Surfer) only to be disappointed :(I will say that some of the scenes with the Surfer were pretty good but the overall movie left me wanting more. C-

• Like 1

I give it a C.There were few scenes that actually hurt, but many that disappointed. And I don't talk the wedding scenes here; those were actually funny nods to the original FF's soap-opera-like comics run in my opinion.I agree with Punishment; the Silver Surfer was a completely wasted opportunity, as was Galactus. Why do it at all if you can't do it right? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somebody tackles those two again - not necessarily in an FF context, mind you.

This one has not held up as well as the first. It's too short for one thing. 90 min for something as epic as Galactus and Silver Surfer? Unforgivable. Plus Alba as Sue is so much more irritating this go around. And royally screwing the pooch with Galactus makes Dr. Doom in the first film look like Heath Ledger as the Joker. C+

Well, Galactus is a cloud, and not a pretty one either. That says a lot about the movie.Chris Evans continued to be the best thing about this franchise. He nailed Johnny Storm. The Thing was pretty good too, but yeah, rubber suit, not really a strong point.There were a few bright spots in actions and character arcs, but too few and far in between to make any big impact.Silver Surfer, well, LOL.C-

I don't get how it is better. First one at least had a few clever moments. This one was just a disaster from start to finish

first: Silver Surfer

second: Doom is much less prominent than he was in the first FF (that's a good thing because Doom is one of those typical "muahahaha" villains)

third: it is actually funny sometimes

fourth: amazing score

I like how "Dr. Doom" spends most of his screentime is civilian clothing, with no mask, or messed up face or anything, for like 95% of his screentime. And he's not a dictator or anything like that, or a genius, or a commanding presence, or really very impressive at all.

That's the biggest offender, worst thing Fox has done to their Marvel properties for me yet. Just ugh! :angry: