Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

Wrath of the Titans is the best comparison me thinks. Both Clash and Alice1 were heavily lifted by the 3D fever caused by Avatar.

Clash

Domestic:  $163,214,888  33.1%

Foreign:  $330,000,105  66.9%

Wrath

Domestic:  $83,670,083  27.4%

Foreign:  $221,600,000  72.6%

Alice 1

Domestic:  $334,191,110  32.6%

Foreign:  $691,276,000  67.4%

Based on the same drop, Alice 2 will make

DOM: 170m

Seems legit.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

I hate Frozen, but not because of the movie. It's because of the massive over-hype from pretty much half of the board members here.

Then you must've hated TDK more right? Cause it's loved (or over-hyped) by more people on this site than any other films.

• Like 2

Aa... Transcendence, Pirates, Dark Shadows? Even The Rum Diary was decent. The only bad one recently is The Lone Ranger and that was not bad because of him.

But... The Lone Ranger is the best of those 5 movies  :ph34r:

Well, I take that back, I haven't seen Transcendence. But it's the best of the other four

• Like 1

I think the absolute BEST case scenario is a drop equal to that of HTTYD2 (greatly reduced 3D share, long time gap, moved from spring to summer). HTTYD2's gross drop from HTTYD1 is going to end up around 20-21%, which applied to Alice 1 would give Alice 2 a final total of $264-267M.I think the Clash-to-Wrath drop, which would yield a $170M total, is the WORST case scenario. It's more likely to finish at some middle ground - the mean of the hypothetical Clash-to-Wrath drop total and HTTYD1-to-HTTYD2 drop total comes to $217-218M.Then again, being up against X-Men suggests a Kung Fu Panda 2 or Hangover III scenario, so missing $200M is a possibility.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1