Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

I wouldn't say that Alice 2 would slay X-Men: Apocalypse.

I think both films can co-exist and still do huge WW numbers.

Alice 2 = $925M WW

X-Men: Apocalypse = 890M WW

They could go higher if they break-out considerably.

I love your XMen number.

Gonna go a bit lower on Alice though. I don't think it'll bomb though.

As long as...Bobbin who directed the first Muppets is directing, and not Bobbin who directed Muppets Most Wanted isn't directing.

• Like 1

Hmm? Pretty weird that no-one gave Mia Wasikowska (the actress who played Alice) some credits of the first film's huge success.

She was the main character of the movie, wasn't she?

Her career has been going pretty well. She's gotten some solid lead roles, sure not blockbusters, but ongoing. Heck she's leading a Crimson Peak.

No Alice? Probably none of that.

Alice definitely boosted her.

• Like 1

So another 1B Disney flick

This should be the #1 or #2 film of 2016 in Europe, only Dory can compete.

Lol, no. But it's also not going to do nearly as bad as most everyone here thinks either. I'd say 200/700 if it's decent. Always remember that all the hate the first gets online does not come from that film's target audience which was families. I highly doubt most families had a big problem with the first. The novelty of 3D won't be there this time and obviously Depp is no longer a draw, so of course there will be a big decrease. But it's not going to be pulling no 100 dom/200 os or anything like some seem to think.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

Her career has been going pretty well. She's gotten some solid lead roles, sure not blockbusters, but ongoing. Heck she's leading a Crimson Peak.

No Alice? Probably none of that.

Alice definitely boosted her.

True. :)

That's understandable. But did "Alice in Wonderland" become that huge of a hit, thanks to her or something else? Besides Depp and the 3D?

Lol, no. But it's also not going to do nearly as bad as most everyone here thinks either. I'd say 200/700 if it's decent. Always remember that all the hate the first gets online does not come from that film's target audience which was families. I highly doubt most families had a big problem with the first. The novelty of 3D won't be there this time and obviously Depp is no longer a draw, so of course there will be a big decrease. But it's not going to be pulling no 100 dom/200 os or anything like that like some seem to think.

Agree. I think OS will still help it and keep it from being a failure. With China though....it's pretty unpredictable for a movie like this.

Does anyone have any idea, how much the first one did in China? And if you do....this one will do better over there.

That's about all she had to say, and a Sizzle Reel was shown. Alice falls out of a door high above the ground, back into Wonderland. "The hatter's the matter, he's gone darker." Alice is to go back in time to save the Mad Hatter. Time (played by Sascha Baron Cohen) appears, though he may be a bit of a foil. "You cannot change the past, but we might learn from it," he says.

ALICE 2 involves traveling back in time to save Mad Hatter. No thank you.

ALICE: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS footage about as garish and ridiculous as you'd expect. I'm sure foreign audiences will LOVE it. #D23Expo

Alice Through The Looking Glass doesn't look impressive. Meh.

ALICE 2 involves traveling back in time to save Mad Hatter. No thank you.

ALICE: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS footage about as garish and ridiculous as you'd expect. I'm sure foreign audiences will LOVE it. #D23Expo

Alice Through The Looking Glass doesn't look impressive. Meh.

600M OS!

The director on this is probably more capable than Burton. I have some hope for it.

It's Woolverton's return that has me worried.

Burton isn't always consistent, but he is a darn well capable director. I'm biased though, because Big Fish is my all time favourite movie.
  • Like 1