Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

3 hours ago, DarthWalker said:

Feel weird asking this off the heels of tfa but

Is Disney retarded'

The exact same day as apocalypse?

Eh, not the same audience at all really. I think Disney is well aware that the non-family audience the first attracted due to the 3D hype isn't going to show for this no matter what. So they will target solely the family audience, and X-men I'd say is one of the least family targeted CBM franchises. So Alice could be good counter-programming. 

Frankly, I'm still astounded at how well the first one did. Did it *really* feel like one of the 40 highest grossing movies of all time and the #2 movie of 2010? It was ahead of things like Deathly Hallows 1, Despicable Me, Inception, and Iron Man 2. Ok, maybe its cool that it was ahead of that last one, but still.

Edited by Wrath

4 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Anyone think this will get a boost after Rickman's death?

It's his last film...

Are people even aware that he is apart of this film? 

I mean with Walker F+F was what he was known for so of course people showed up in support but Alice in Wonderland isn't the first thing people think of when they think Rickman.

So in answer? Maybe some but I don't expect it to have a drastic impact

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Are people even aware that he is apart of this film? 

I mean with Walker F+F was what he was known for so of course people showed up in support but Alice in Wonderland isn't the first thing people think of when they think Rickman.

So in answer? Maybe some but I don't expect it to have a drastic impact

Well, when you think of Heath Ledger, do you think of The Dark Knight?  No, but his death had a drastic impact on the film's performance.

1 minute ago, ThatOneGuy said:

Well, when you think of Heath Ledger, do you think of The Dark Knight?  No, but his death had a drastic impact on the film's performance.

Robin Williams death didn't affect Night at the Museum

• Like 1

Just now, ThatOneGuy said:

Ummm... Yeah I do actually :lol:

Ledger was playing one of the most iconic villains of all time and every one knew he was in the role. 

Rickman is playing a not so major role and most people probably aren't even aware that he is in it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ummm... Yeah I do actually :lol:

Ledger was playing one of the most iconic villains of all time and every one knew he was in the role. 

Rickman is playing a not so major role and most people probably aren't even aware that he is in it

I'm talking about before he was even cast.  What did you think about when you'd hear "Heath Ledger?"  I'd say Brokeback Mountain.

And his voice is featured prominently in both TV spots, and they're gonna be played at the Super Bowl, one of the biggest TV events.