Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates:BD2: 9.2 LINC 9.115

There is no reason not to have a Friday numbers thread already. This is one of the best parts of a Friday, speculating on the grosses. It brings the box office community together. We shouldn't have to wait to discuss or be at the mercy of Nikki or THR. We should begin now and as the sites update, we'll include the links!Rant over.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

There is no reason not to have a Friday numbers thread already. This is one of the best parts of a Friday, speculating on the grosses. It brings the box office community together. We shouldn't have to wait to discuss or be at the mercy of Nikki or THR. We should begin now and as the sites update, we'll include the links!

Rant over.

No numbers, no thread. This is and always has been how it's done. How fair is it to the person who actually does have something to report when the thread is already open so it ends up on page 15 because we've been talking about everything other than Friday's numbers.

It's a boring weekend, no one cares much right now to report anything. I don't know what to tell you. The only reason this will stay open is because Rth reported something. Otherwise I would have to lock this just as I did DAR's.

/rant

No numbers, no thread. This is and always has been how it's done. How fair is it to the person who actually does have something to report when the thread is already open so it ends up on page 15 because we've been talking about everything other than Friday's numbers.

It's a boring weekend, no one cares much right now to report anything. I don't know what to tell you. The only reason this will stay open is because Rth reported something. Otherwise I would have to lock this just as I did DAR's.

/rant

I understand. When someone does post something, a mod can add to title the page # but regardless, I will not do it again. It's just nice to have a place to discuss Fri numbers without being at the mercy of other sites.

Skyfall looks to be #1 for the weekend. Be an interesting fight for #2. Think rise of the guardians could possibly take it. It'll increase much more and drop less compared with the other movies on Saturday and Sunday.

I understand. When someone does post something, a mod can add to title the page # but regardless, I will not do it again. It's just nice to have a place to discuss Fri numbers without being at the mercy of other sites.

How can you discuss Friday numbers until you have numbers from somewhere? Edited by Fake

Very rough and quick how its looking atmSky 3.28-3.4m,Linc 2.6-7m,BD2 2.5-3m,ROTG 2.3-4m,LOP 2.2-3m,PFK 2.2m,RD 1.4m,WIR 1.1m,Flt/KTS 900k

That's a gigantic increase for Skyfall. It's looking at a sub 30% this weekend and in the process locking 300M. Hopefully rest of the numbers go up especially LOP, Lincoln and BD2.

That's a gigantic increase for Skyfall. It's looking at a sub 30% this weekend and in the process locking 300M. Hopefully rest of the numbers go up especially LOP, Lincoln and BD2.

Uhm.... Hobbit? I'm really worried that Skyfall will die when the Hobbit opens, but hoping that it doesn't and legs its way to 300M.

Uhm.... Hobbit? I'm really worried that Skyfall will die when the Hobbit opens, but hoping that it doesn't and legs its way to 300M.

Even if Hobbit hits it and Skyfall drops in the 50%+ range with holidays upon us, 300M would be pretty close to a lock.

Even if Hobbit hits it and Skyfall drops in the 50%+ range with holidays upon us, 300M would be pretty close to a lock.

I was thinking like a THG against TA drop where it dropped more than twice probably what it would've dropped otherwise.

So #1 again on fifth weekend. Ever happened ?

I only need refer you to a couple of films, E.T. and Titanic. Beyond that, I'm 100% positive many other films have. Recently there was a small indie film called Avatar that I think did it, but who knows, it was kind of under the radar. :P
  • Like 3