Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates:BD2: 9.2 LINC 9.115

So now, this begs the question....has a film ever shot back up to number one, after five weeks, without expanding, already in wide release, after it was knocked out of number one?

So now, this begs the question....has a film ever shot back up to number one, after five weeks, without expanding, already in wide release, after it was knocked out of number one?

I remember Signs in 2002 did that, but it wasn't five weeks later I think. More like four Edited by John Marston

This weekend was a bigger test for BD2 to hold well. It should be gaining on NM with bigger weekends and weekdays. It should get to $300m now.

This weekend wasn't a test because it was basically an open week with nothing opening.Next weekend will be the main test.

It's not so much a test as just seeing how many screens it's gonna loose. Loose too many and it's dead for 300 even before next weekend starts.

Ugh, I hate when that happens, when a movie`s run towards a milestone gets cut by losing screens. I`ll never forgive AIW for fucking over Avatar by taking screens from it.

Playing for Keeps was directly attracting BD2's target audience, the same thing happened to BD1 this same weekend last year.Also loosing theaters will the problem for every holdover. Summit should keep BD2 into enough theaters to roll it to $300m, plus BD2's PTA is still stronger than NM's so theater owner's might still keep it.