Squaremaster316

Avengers Nitpicking Thread

Did Avengers make the AFI list?Oh.TDKR 1TA 0

so I should care what a bunch of critics think? I personally say Avengers was way better than TDKR and TDKR was no where near as "intelligent" and "Thought provoking" or a "masterpiece" like Nolan fanboys try to make it out to be. I wouldn't be surprised if most people agreed Avengers was better
  • Like 1

Hey, I loved both TA and TDKR, but I think it's pretty obvious TDKR is living off the goodwill TDK(and Inception as well) created in the critics community. Just imagine if TDKR was a standalone film and TDK didn't exist.I'll give you a moment on that thought.........yeah. ;)

• Like 3

I'm not sure any AFI list really matters around here. I think a lot of us prefer to use the box office numbers when making our arguments. I think that's what following the box office is all about.

There are tons of people who appreciate film making regardless of its gross. I was just pointing at people who say TDKR is divisive. Clearly not. I see what you're saying though. I've always said it. The Avengers will be remembered on this website for being the highest grossing comic book movie ever. Not the best movie quality wise.

The fact that AFI overlooked the highest grossing comicbook movie of all time in the AVENGERS and added TDKR must've been more out of sympathy tieing it together with the Aurora CO. incident than the quality of the movie itself.. It was more out of Charity that they added this.. I mean, you're really adding a movie where your villain sounds like a fucking walrus when he speaks in the form of TDKR??? Nuff said

Or they did not think Avengers was as good as you did.

Bane's voice was great in TDKR.

Did Avengers make the AFI list?Oh.TDKR 1TA 0

Lol 2 can play that game.Did TDKR get a higher RT score? NopeDid TDKR get a better cinemascore? NopeDid TDKR have better legs? Hmmm nopeBasically did more people prefer Avengers to TDKR? Yes, It seems that way...Both films are overrated and to think that any one of them should get a BP nod is just laughable. Edited by Jessie

The fact that AFI overlooked the highest grossing comicbook movie of all time in the AVENGERS and added TDKR must've been more out of sympathy tieing it together with the Aurora CO. incident than the quality of the movie itself.. It was more out of Charity that they added this.. I mean, you're really adding a movie where your villain sounds like a fucking walrus when he speaks in the form of TDKR??? Nuff said

You crack me up, BKB. :rofl:

Lol 2 can play that game.Did TDKR get a higher RT score? NopeDid TDKR get a better cinemascore? NopeDid TDKR have better legs? Hmmm nopeBasically did more people prefer Avengers to TDKR? Yes, It seems that way...Both films are overrated and to think that any one of them should get a BP nod is just laughable.

We're talking about any strong recognition of the movie being good(nomination,top lists,etc)Lets avoid gross talk in this thread. It's a dead and unfair subject that will always be what ifs.