Squaremaster316

Avengers Nitpicking Thread

There is no way one can say that TDKR is in fact a superior film to Avenger. Give me a fucking break

I don't think you understand how opinions work. And yes, I think TDKR is superior, even though I liked both. Edited by Tower
  • Like 1

I don't think you understand how opinions work. And yes, I think TDKR is superior, even though I liked both.

I said "in fact". I said there is no way you can say that TDKR is in fact better or less flawed than Avengers. I'm talking about the people saying shit like "Avengers will only be remembered for its gross, while TDKR will be remembered as the better film" lol Edited by John Marston

We're talking about any strong recognition of the movie being good(nomination,top lists,etc)Lets avoid gross talk in this thread. It's a dead and unfair subject that will always be what ifs.

Nominations doesn't always mean a movie is good. The Academy get it wrong most of the time anyway.And yes seeing as box office gross gives the best indicator in which the preferred film really was, I'd say there's nothing wrong in bringing it up. There are also no 'what ifs' if by that you are referring to the shootings then TDKR still will have fallen far behind TA.

I think in the general audience reaction is...TA was a blast and much for fun than expected.TDKR was a step down from TDK but a solid and epic film.All in alll...One film blew way past expectations while the other sort of was under expectations.Point to be noted however...The expectations for TDKR were unreasonable...

• Like 1

A factual representation of why the Avengers is an overhyped mess.http://www.cracked.c...ore-honest.htmlAnd one that points out even more issues. Sure, some of it's nitpicking, then again, that's the name of the game, right?http://problemswitha...rs.blogspot.ca/

I like how there are so many problems with The Avengers that the only way people seem to defend against criticism is to complain about how old and overdone it is to complain about all the problems in The Avengers.

That's totally ridiculous. When you go after a film on one of its best moments, you'd better have more than ultra nitpicky crap like that. Besides, I think him handing him the ten holds more weight since he never took the bet. It was like, "Even though I didn't actually take the bet, after watching an aircraft carrier not only take flight, but become invisible, I'm giving him the $10 anyway."

If you're going to pride yourself on not getting jokes or sarcasm, why is this the point to focus on? You should just go full derp and complain about the article criticizing the movie for ruining the collector's value of those Captain America trading cards. "Can you believe that the author of that article is complaining about something as nitpicky as this?!" No, I actually can't believe it, because it wasn't. The biggest issue with that article seems to be that the author had the assumption that Avenger fans have a sense of humor. Maybe when they're older.

Well, The Avengers was a huge mess and very poorly done in a lot of key areas...Of course it is going to get hated upon...ftfy

On a serious note, yes Avengers is far from flawless, but for every cringy line, there were 10 funny ones. For every messy scene, were 5 spectacular scenes and for every plot hole was a HULK.Pros by far outweigh the cons

The Avengers was a good movie. It's hard to pull of sequels to good movies. Will Avengers 2 be as good? Probably not. Will it make as much money? Probably not.Can The Avengers pull off a good trilogy? We will have to see.Batman Begins was good. TDK was Amazing. TDKR was good. = Great Trilogy.

Edited by Christmas ED

I just saw this on CBM I did not know the designs were so similar to that robot in transformers.

Posted Image

I noticed that right off. Hence the comparisons by some critics that we saw this in Transformers. The difference is, some of TF's characters are, well, more offensive than interesting.

But, yeah, I got a lot of TF deja vu during the alien battle scene. TF and ID4 and TPM and.... :P

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

felt that TDKR and TA were quite similar in the final city wide battles to TF3...

I understand what you mean. When batman flies the nuke out it just reminded me of Iron Man doing the same thing in Avengers, only they actually bothered to show how Iron Man survives. Edited by Jessie

How will The AVENGERS 2 not be good when it has Whedon onboard helming it once again and is responsible for the major success of the 1st movie??? The movie was universally loved and I hate to keep bringing up the same points over and over like a broken record, but come on already??? If Whedon weren't onboard, then I'd agree with ya, but no way this drops in Quality as the 1st movie.. As a matter of fact, the introduction of the new characters coming up is going to more than put this over...

Joss Whedon returning would not matter,when we saw The Avengers it was a breath of fresh air it is the first movie of the franchise the critics for example would be more lenient but as more movies are created they would want to see something different more improvements not a rehash of what was shown before.This is where Marvel fails.

Joss Whedon returning would not matter,when we saw The Avengers it was a breath of fresh air it is the first movie of the franchise the critics for example would be more lenient but as more movies are created they would want to see something different more improvements not a rehash of what was shown before.This is where Marvel fails.

Spider-Man 2 and X-men 2 were far from fails... Out of all the recent marvel movies to be released, Iron Man 2 was the only sequel and it wasn't a disaster.