Squaremaster316

Avengers Nitpicking Thread

Yep, that pisses me off to no end.If you want to see how to do SF right, just check out any Kevin Smith, Star Wars or Lord of the Rings film. It's heavenly.

Disney used to be pretty awesome with their features, and still are sometimes.I love the Star Wars stuff too, but at the same time, I am perturbed. I know they have tons more and are just holding on to them to release with the next version :P Ok, it is picky but I could deal with some 20 disc set ;)
  • Like 1

The Friday the 13th box set really pissed me off. Such little and lazy SF and this is arguably the most iconic horror series ever made.

Yeah i got it as a gift and loved it, at first. Then I started to go through it and realized that only one or 2 movies have anything that special on it. Plus for some reason I have issues with the Final Chapter disc so I bought another one and it's doing the same thing, so I am guessing it is probably the player/disc compatibility. For some reason I can't get to the features, but if I put the dvd in my laptop, it works fine. just weird
  • Like 1

I must say, I agree with you about Spider-Man. I also find it to be a giant turd and I also find SM2 'overrated' but critics, friends and a lot of people on here tend to disagree so the films have clearly done something right. Basically if you don't like these marvel films then you shouldn't be looking forward to TA2 as it probably won't be for you.

I don't have a problem with Marvel but they always seem to play it safe. Thor was a definitely a missed opportunity given the cast.

Why can't you get this?people pick apart TDKR more than the Avengers because of how much Nolan fans and the filmmakers themselves boast about how realistic and deep their movie was, while the filmmakers behind Avengers never made such boastful claimsthe simple fact is, more people noticed the illogical moments when watching TDKR than they did when watching Avengers. Same reason why most people noticed the illogical moments in Spider-Man 3

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

then why he fought against Thor?

Oh god, don't tell me you didn't understand that Loki was mindfucking Banner into unleashing the Hulk to disband the Avengers?! That was the main part of his plan for letting himself be captured so he could seed angerness and release wrath between them (Sceptre scene on the Helicarrier where the team is bickering, Banner is about to lose control and shows mind vulnerability. Loki used that flaw hence why Hulk fights Thor). Banner also told he somehow learned to accept his anger instead of negate it or fighting it like an enemy. He embraced that inner part of him and since then aims his wrath specifically instead of rampaging blindly like he used to while he's Hulking (In fact, audience learned this at the end of The Incredible Hulk and is also illustrated in Avengers with the memorable quote "I'm always angry") that's why when Loki couldn't control him anymore, he aimed his wrath toward the bad guys and not his team co-members like the Helicarrier scene showed. Please, tell me you didn't miss that huge plot point, did you?

I thought a movie which is straight forward narrative made of such simple plot points like the aforementioned would cross your mind as clear so you don't have to ask such vapid questions. Try harder.

(Now, that short attention span finally explains why you'd think TDKR is a kind of a masterpiece because of its heavyhanded and hammering plot...)

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

When Hulk comes back the team is in the middle of a battle.Some people would have liked to have heard Banner talk about his backstory for 10 mins.... and ruining the flow of the movie...Most others liked that instead Hulk gets angry and bitchslaps the flying whale...

• Like 1

Oh god, don't tell me you didn't understand that Loki was mindfucking Banner into unleashing the Hulk to disband the Avengers?! That was the main part of his plan for letting himself be captured so he could seed angerness and release wrath between them (Sceptre scene on the Helicarrier where the team is bickering, Banner is about to lose control and shows mind vulnerability. Loki used that flaw hence why Hulk fights Thor). Banner also told he somehow learned to accept his anger instead of negate it or fighting it like an enemy. He embraced that inner part of him and since then aims his wrath specifically instead of rampaging blindly like he used to while he's Hulking (In fact, audience learned this at the end of The Incredible Hulk and is also illustrated in Avengers with the memorable quote "I'm always angry") that's why when Loki couldn't control him anymore, he aimed his wrath toward the bad guys and not his team co-members like the Helicarrier scene showed. Please, tell me you didn't miss that huge plot point, did you?

I thought a movie which is straight forward narrative made of such simple plot points like the aforementioned would cross your mind as clear so you don't have to ask such vapid questions. Try harder.

(Now, that short attention span finally explains why you'd think TDKR is a kind of a masterpiece because of its heavyhanded and hammering plot...)

I understood that, but it wasn't what I asked

Because the HULK still has a brain and can still distinguish between the good guy vs the bad guy whether he's Banner or not

then why he fought against Thor?

WASP said he has a brain and can distinguish between good vs bad. In the movie he seemed pretty calm in that scene and how on earth was loki controlling hulk?

If he can distinguish between good vs bad, he wouldn't have fought with thor and almost killed the jet pilot and Black Window

Where I said that? please enlighten me, I only said that TDKR is better than TA. Edited by Goffe of Oz

I understood that, but it wasn't what I asked

WASP said he has a brain and can distinguish between good vs bad. In the movie he seemed pretty calm in that scene and how on earth was loki controlling hulk?

If he can distinguish between good vs bad, he wouldn't have fought with thor and almost killed the jet pilot and Black Window

That is the living proof, you didn't understand at all what I wrote or didn't bother to pay attention...I explained it perfectly. Loki's sceptre messes with Banner/Hulk's mind, at the same moment Loki's minions attacked the Helicarrier so he's wreaking havoc out of stress and manipulation, fighting every single thing that could harm him, meaning Thor that tackled him to seek his attention away from Black Widow and the Jet fighter who opened fire against him. Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3