Rudolf

Movies associated with your homeland

Lets talk about where we come from, but expressed through internationaly well know movies.a) What famous movies are more clichees (especially through the eyes of Americans)?B) What famous movies reflect the real situation best?If Americans want to participate: What famous Hollywood movie is about their home region?

Edited by Rudolf

Fargo takes place and is filmed in the town where grandma/cabin is in.A Simple Plan takes place and is filmed in town about 20 minutes away.Young Adult has some scenes filmed in my hometown.The Might Ducks was filmed in a lot of ice arena I played in as a child.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 1

I'll just concentrate on where I am at the moment.Without a Paddle presents Oregon as a huge forest with pot farms and tree houses while......the upcoming "Night Moves" starring Dakota Fanning and Jesse Eisenberg is about an environmentalist plot to blow up a dam and was filmed right down the street from me. It looks like it will represent Oregon a little more accurately.Stand By Me is also a great Oregon based film, but is set in Stephen King's fictional "Castle Rock".

Full Metal Jacket, the Quiet American, a bit of Forrest Gump.There aren't any movies that depict the current state of Vietnam. In the past 10 years, it has transformed enormously to a much more modernized place that contains plenty of capitalistic companies that were not previously there when I visited.

a) Hostel (2005) (Three backpackers head to a Slovak city that promises to meet their hedonistic expectations, with no idea of the hell that awaits them.)

b ) The Shop on Main Street (1965) (Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film) (Slovakia during WW2. Tono lives a poor life, but the authorities offer him to take over the Jewish widow Lautman's little shop for sewing material. She is old and confused and thinks that he is only looking for employment and hires him. The odd couple begin to like each other. But some time later the authorities decide that the Jews must leave the city. What should he do with the old lady?)

Edited by dezorz
  • Like 1