Heretic

Greatest trailer ever made?

For an entire generation, people have experienced Starwars the only way it's been possible...on a TV screen. But if you've only seen it this way, you haven't seen it at all...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfLahOcuEHo

I was part of that generation and this is the moment when I understood what kind of phenomena it has been for the previous generation of fans who discovered it on the silver screen in 1977. This is the moment I went totally nuts for Starwars! One of my greatest memory in theaters.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Is this in terms of effectiveness?

In terms of recent years...The Man Of Steel trailer has to be there. Transformers 1 theatrical trailer. IRON MAN 1 teaser trailer. Inception final trailer was good but the film didn't open all that high. SPIDER-MAN. Lord of the Rings final trailer. The Mummy. Pearl Harbor. 

All time wise? BATMAN 1989 is probably the best. Jurassic Park had a great one too. Independence Day. Doctor Schivago. Star Wars 1. 

I wont even consider sequels, they are promoting established characters which is 100x easier than it is for franchise starter types.

I would argue that the best trailer would be the one that got you most pumped to see a film that turned out to be crap as it means they really maximised the potential of the footage given as opposed to say forrest Gump where you could make a great trailer just by showing any random minute of the film.Ignoring what I just said above completely though...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ReaVWjTrQ

• Like 1

Star Trek trailer is a great choice, Heretic. Definitely one of the best of all-time. Haven't seen this video posted in the thread, but it deserves consideration:

EDIT: Haku beat me to the punch by an hour. TDK December 2007 trailer.

Edited by redfirebird2008

I have not seen posted these (although first has been mentioned):

LOTR Trilogy teaser

The Dark Knight teaser

Two extraordinary teaser. Marvel could have done the same than LOTR with Phase 2, for instance

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

Going back for some older ones:

- directed by Stan Winston, I remember this bringing the house down

- goes offbeat for the first half until the awesome Arnold reveal, plus glimpses of insane action (for the time)

And then, from this year, a seriously amazing trailer for THE GREAT GATSBY:

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 4