Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

But they took the time to send death threats to people that didn't agree with them about TDKR even though they had not seen the movie themselves yet. How could one be more pathetic and desperate than that...BKB despite trying so hard couldn't even reach that level of delusion.

so a few number of people who sent death threats to critics represents the vast majority of TDKR/Nolan fans? get real.Also anything related to TDKR was going to make headlines. You argument is very poor. Fact stands that polls on various websites indicate audience preferred TDKR over Avengers.

If audience preferred TDKR over Avengers why did Avengers destroy TDKR box office wise with way more multiple repeats viewings from the so-said audience? Contrary to quality, when audience like a film more that equal more attendance.And Internet polls, IMDB whatever are not real life, they're fanboys polls. Ask teens, kids, families, workers, Joe-six-pack and Jane Doe down in the streets, they loved Avengers more than TDKR. That is a fact.Nolanites are delusional.

Edited by dashrendar44

If audience preferred TDKR over Avengers why did Avengers destroy TDKR box office wise with way more multiple repeats viewings from the so-said audience? Contrary to quality, when audience like a film more that equal more attendance.And Internet polls, IMDB whatever are not real life, they're fanboys polls. Ask teens, kids, families, workers, Joe-six-pack and Jane Doe down in the streets, they loved Avengers more than TDKR. That is a fact.Nolanites are delusional.

so with that logic would you say people preferred Avatar more than Avengers?Everyone i know has preferred TDKR. People just cant get over the fact that a particular director is the talk of the town nowadays because he adapted a dc property.

so with that logic would you say people preferred Avatar more than Avengers?

Sure. Whether you like it or not. (Just like many preferred TDK to Iron Man that doesn't mean no one loved Iron Man).I prefer Avatar to the Avengers so that don't bother me the slightest. :P Edited by dashrendar44

hmm the way it goes..People love TDKR for the great story and characters.TA was loved for being simplistic but very satsfying.So TDKR is the better film from the storyline and characters but no doubt from me and my friends TA was far far more "fun".Unlike some people (Nolanites), we don't all watch TDKR and then stood on top of buildings looking off in the distance in sad reflection and hate light hearted films for being too fun... ^_^ Some of us can enjoy simplistic fun and enjoy dark films like TDKR...

There's a difference between less liked and disliked. Was it less liked than Avengers among the general audience? Yes. Was it less liked than TDK? More than likely. But a movie grossing 1 billion dollars is NOT disliked!

AIW is raising its hand. :P
  • Like 2

hmm the way it goes..

People love TDKR for the great story and characters.

TA was loved for being simplistic but very satsfying.

So TDKR is the better film from the storyline and characters but no doubt from me and my friends TA was far far more "fun".

Unlike some people (Nolanites), we don't all watch TDKR and then stood on top of buildings looking off in the distance in sad reflection and hate light hearted films for being too fun... ^_^

Some of us can enjoy simplistic fun and enjoy dark films like TDKR...

Thats absurd! i dont stand on top of buildings!!!! I leap off...

Sure. Whether you like it or not. (Just like many preferred TDK to Iron Man that doesn't mean no one loved Iron Man).I prefer Avatar to the Avengers so that don't bother me the slightest. :P

ok well i disagree with you but whatever. I liked Avengers anyway so im not too fussed. I just think most of the older generation preferred TDKR

Yes.. MARVEL fans are above it cause we weren't shoving this down everyone's throats for over a year while displaying the arrogance the Nolan fans had when they were marketing TDKR into being the Second Coming and automatically assuming the movie would best out TA because of the goodwill of TDK back in 2008.. Once that happened, it seemed like every time you turn around now, there's a Poll about which movie was better pitting TDKR against a MARVEL movie that just happens to end up with TDKR winning every time as though the Nolan fans wouldn't have it any other way and that alone convinces themselves by voting more than once with multiple accounts that the movie is better than what it really is.. Heaven forbid if TA should beat TDKR in a Poll cause Nolan fans will make absolute certain this doesn't happen.. It's true and you know it folks.. It's happened on every Poll now and just to make it look good: They lumped SKYFALL in with TDKR and TA and STILL had TDKR winning over both of them.. The bottom line is TDKR is a farce of monumental proportions that will be long forgotten down the road over TA and it's monumental box office achievement..

No, cause you are shoving this down everyone's throats for a year after it came out. :P The Avengers won, you won, get over it. The world has moved on. ;)

Seriously, in what universe do you inhabit where you think TDKR was crapped on?It has an 87% critics approval at Rotten TomatoesIt has a 92% audience approval at Rotten TomatoesIt has a 78% metacritic approal ratingIt has an 8.5 user score at metacriticIt has an 8.7 score at imdbIt recieved an A CinemaScoreIt was in the top 10 of AFI 2012 moviesIt is the 7th highest grossing movie of All Time DomesticallyIt is the 7th highest grossing movie of All Time InternationallySeriously man, you have smoked waaaaaaaaay too much pot if you think TDKR is being 'crapped' on by the vast majority of people. Throw out the bong and please join us back in reality and stop derailing threads so Shawn has to archive them!

Thread Over.
  • Like 2

Yes.. MARVEL fans are above it cause we weren't shoving this down everyone's throats for over a year while displaying the arrogance the Nolan fans had when they were marketing TDKR into being the Second Coming and automatically assuming the movie would best out TA because of the goodwill of TDK back in 2008.. Once that happened, it seemed like every time you turn around now, there's a Poll about which movie was better pitting TDKR against a MARVEL movie that just happens to end up with TDKR winning every time as though the Nolan fans wouldn't have it any other way and that alone convinces themselves by voting more than once with multiple accounts that the movie is better than what it really is.. Heaven forbid if TA should beat TDKR in a Poll cause Nolan fans will make absolute certain this doesn't happen.. It's true and you know it folks.. It's happened on every Poll now and just to make it look good: They lumped SKYFALL in with TDKR and TA and STILL had TDKR winning over both of them.. The bottom line is TDKR is a farce of monumental proportions that will be long forgotten down the road over TA and it's monumental box office achievement..

BKB you have been shitting on this movie before it came out. You are not above these 'nolanites' you keep mentioning. You can't write a post without mentioning avengers success to rub it in to everyone else. Avengers fanboys are just as bad as the hardcore TDK fans. All i ever read is 'feel good' and 'doesnt take itself seriously'. Get over it mate. Not every movie is going to follow Avengers' formula. Evidently by what you are saying that there are more Nolan/TDK fans than there are Avengers, as they keep coming in and voting by the thousands to get TDKR to win polls etc What does that show you? Maybe the public likes nolan more...

This 'farce' wont be forgotton anytime soon because people are still voting for it over Avengers:)

Yeah, people with double accounts no less.. I find it rather fascinating that the moment someone is banned from this site, automatically you get the newbie who joins immediately afterwards with the option to vote again cause there a new account.. It's true.. In the end, when we've had Polls involving the 2 movies, I find that TA will be ahead for about 1 day or less, a Nolan fan banned with a brand new fucking account will come in to vote yet AGAIN to put the Poll over in favor of TDKR cause afterall, we can't possibly have another movie in a Poll beat out TDKR now can we??? This site is becoming rather predictable in the sense...

I also find it odd that none of the other topics in this forum are visited except this thread here and the last time one of the other threads was visited and responded to was Dec 12th.. This proves to me that Nolan fans just can't let this subject go.. Not now.. Not ever.. This really was a big deal that another movie came and beat this one singlehandedly and the fans just can't come to terms with it without constantly beating this thread in the ground over it..

No one is doing that, BKB. Fortunately for the rest of us, and the world in general, you're the only one who thinks like that. You're the only one who takes this shit so seriously that you would even entertain that notion. OK, you and squaremaster maybe. :)
  • Like 1

Don, are you trying to tell me that people who've been banned, whether it's this site or KJ, that no one in their right mind has had double accounts???

I don't think so. I hope not. Maybe you or squaremaster. ;)

We see this all the time and YES, when you have a new account, you're able to vote in a Poll even if you voted with a previous username and it's true.. And the world in general could give 2 shits about TDKR.. They saw it, shrugged and moved on.. It was nothing like TDK back in 2008..

Exactly. You should do the same. :)

Edited by Don Calavera The Stingray