Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

Oh, now, If Nolan don't spoonfed you by being told everything by any of the character, you can't use your brain to come to a conclusion all by yourself, smartass. (A logical conclusion by the way).

Your conclusion is simply not supported by the film. All we see in the reveal of Talia is that Bane protected her as a child in the prison and that they share affection for each other. From that you expect us to draw the conclusion that Bane is talias puppy who will do what she wants (despite doing the exact opposite of what she wanted in the very next scene after the reveal). To make bane a pawn in your head you have had to draw veeeeeeery long bows from the contents of the film while simultaneously redefining the word 'pawn' to be so wide to make it a meaningless term.Well done. Edited by Phil in the Hobbit

Your conclusion is simply not supported by the film. All we see in the reveal of Talia is that Bane protected her as a child in the prison and that they share affection for each other. From that you expect us to draw the conclusion that Bane is talias puppy who will do what she wants (despite doing the exact opposite of what she wanted in the very next scene after the reveal). To make bane a pawn in your head you have had to draw veeeeeeery long bows from the contents of the film while simultaneously redefining the word 'pawn' to be so wide to make it a meaningless term.

You maybe took a sleep (perfectly understandable since the movie is such a boring convoluted mess) but we are explicitly told AND shown Bane is getting beaten and is never accepted by Ra's as a true member of the League Of Shadows. Being Talia's pawn is the only mean for him and the only way to fulfill his desire to be worthy of Ra's Al Ghul. Not the other way around.What you fail to understand is making Bane Talia's bitch was actually one of the point of the movie revolving around lies and revelations. (Dent's act, Alfred and Rachel letter, Gordon's letter, Miranda/Talia). During most part of the movie, we're buying in Bane's legend, how he's the chosen one to escape the pit, how he is the greatest terrorist mastermind ever. Like Wayne, we think we figured the map and yet it was a lie, Bane just obeys to the real mastermind, the real force of nature that managed to escape the pit by herself, Talia, to lure Bruce/Batman (and us, the audience) like Bruce lied to Gotham, facing his own delusion. In the end, that's all Bane was, a henchman instrumentalized by Talia for her own personal vendetta and scheme. She hated her father and then wants to avenger him using Bane's affection for her/Strong desire of being relevant to Ra's. Smoke and mirrors. And that's why, handling Bane that way with that late tacked on twist was bound to deceive when all said and done.I think you did not really grasp all the underlying subtext you pretend you did. Too bad for a Nolan fan. Edited by dashrendar44

You guys are really taking it to another level. :popcorn:

I find this debate intriguing. I know there are some nutcases on the net who are batman and/or nolan fans but cant answer shit. Atleast the fans on this forum can defend themselves and put forward an argument.Love this forum :)

Batman has to be a superhero with the gift of being invisible. How else do you explain him being able to paint the building with gasoline with no one being able to see him doing that?

• Like 2

That's what I love about TDKR fans.

-How Bruce can heal a broken back with push-ups and a rope, get back and sneak into an undersieged Gotham so quickly or escape a nuke in a small time frame?

TDKR Fans: "Because he's the Goddamn Batman!!!!Stop nitpicking, It's just a superhero movie, Batman is a superhero that's why, guys!"

-Why do Batman has to fake his own death and lie again to his beloved ones (not to mention Gotham and the whole world)?

TDKR Fans: "He's not a superhero. Just a man."

True story.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

I see Transformers being brought up here.

Let's be serious.

Michael Bay is probably the ACTION/SHIT BLOWING up king. You don't go to the movies expecting a Michael Bay movie to be good. You expect cars, buildings, and sometimes people blowing up.

Comparing Transformers movies to TDK trilogy isn't fair to Transformers. I don't think Michael Bay had a clue what he was doing besides having robots fight and making it look good.

TDKR had its action and the story was GOOD. The ending was amazing. We could nitpick the shit out of every movie ever released.

The problem here was,

TDKR wasn't as good as TDK. So people begin to nitpick and compare.

RT rating: 87% - The Dark Knight Rises is an ambitious, thoughtful, and potent action film that concludes Christopher Nolan's franchise in spectacular fashion, even if it doesn't quite meet the high standard set by its predecessor.

Edited by Edward

I didn't even like this movie that much and even I can admit most of the criticism from cinephiles and redlettermedia copycats is pretty bad and baseless.

50 reasons why The Dark Knight Rises sucks:http://www.theouthou...ight-sucks.html

If you ever find yourself wholeheartedly agreeing with 50-point write ups or youtube videos, its time to do some serious re-evaluating. Maybe this is why you loved Avatar so much, Hellen Keller could follow and enjoy that movie.

Maybe you should put your head out of your ass for once and buy yourself a sense of humor. Something that may enlighten why I post such obvious piece of irony.Oh wait, you're a Prometheus fanboy, you're clueless and worship a masterpiece where any sane and intelligent person saw a laughable piece of crass.

Edited by dashrendar44

Maybe you should put your head out of your ass for once and buy youself a sense of humor. Something that may enlighten why I post such obvious piece of irony.

Don't get so angry and try and play your posting in this thread off as something else. I know its embarassing you can't debate and discuss for shit.

That's what I love about TDKR fans.

-How Bruce can heal a broken back with push-ups and a rope, get back and sneak into an undersieged Gotham so quickly or escape a nuke in a small time frame?

He didn't have a broken back. Get your facts straight.

-Why do Batman has to fake his own death and lie again to his beloved ones (not to mention Gotham and the whole world)?

You must be really stupid not to get this. I guess you should stick to Michael Bay films when everything is nearly subtitled for you. It was mentioned many times that the whole idea is that Batman is an ideal, anyone can be that, so it doesn't have to be Bruce. He had to "die" in order to someone else take over.

Easy brother.. My advice is to walk away from this if possible and move on.. Debating this stupid movie isn't worth you being reported and ultimately banned for something as trivial as this, at least had I said this, I'd have a point taken away from me and banned by now.. Good advice.. ;)

You've been banned and become the punch line of these forums because everything you touch goes full retard.

Posted Image

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

You're beyond pathetic, BKB. I just marvel at how someone your age can act so extremely childish. You're completely obsessed with TDKR and come to think of it, you've probably posted more about TDKR than The Avengers. I don't know why you're so insecure, but whatever.

• Like 2

You must be really stupid not to get this. I guess you should stick to Michael Bay films when everything is nearly subtitled for you. It was mentioned many times that the whole idea is that Batman is an ideal, anyone can be that, so it doesn't have to be Bruce. He had to "die" in order to someone else take over.

@AlfredUnchained:

So Batman had to die to live... What's the point of Batman's sacrifice if someone else gonna take Batman's cowl because anyone can be Batman so in people eyes he didn't really die taking away that sacrifice notion for the greater good? Now, THAT's stupid. You either die a legend and no one else take the cowl now that's ballsy and logical.

That's my beef with Nolan, only Wayne can be Batman. Nolan, by implying whatever rookie cop can be Batman, is spitting on 73 years old comics history. It's like Jesus dying for someone else to pretend he's Jesus when there was only one Jesus.