Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

The AVENGERS made 623M Domestically and is the Highest Grossing Comicbook Movie of all time.. TDKR didn't.. :OMG:

TDKR would have made more than 700m, maybe even 750m, if it wasn't for Aurora. And the Marvelites and Whedonites know this is true and they probably cant sleep at night because they know there record is a make-believe record. And the fact that TDKR was included in the AFI movies of the year list only proves this to be true, and that the power of the Nolan compels everyone. :worthy: But don't worry Marvelites and Whedonites, you're make-believe record will be crushed when a little movie called Star Wars comes out!! :excited:
  • Like 1

I'm sure SW7 will do well, if for anything out of nostalgia to see the old cast for probably about 10 Minutes total..

Wow, what a calm and collected response. I'm impressed. Btw, I was just goofing around. I don't like TDKR that much. ;) And I don't think Star Wars 7 will have a chance against TA2 come 2015, as evidenced by my signature. Edited by Don Calavera The Stingray

I know it's a BO forum and we're all nerds here, but I was really embarrassed reading all of that.

Its all fun & games, until someone gets knocked the f**k out, Deebo style. :)No but really, to be honest I think The Dark Knight Trilogy is greatly overrated. In fact the only one out of the three that I would call great is Batman Begins. The other two are just pretty good, not great. I find it baffling that some people call The Dark Knight a masterpiece, and that's coming from someone who's a huge Batman fan.. Edited by Don Calavera The Stingray

One thing that pisses me off about The Dark Knight Trilogy is the way Nolan lets the villains go out like bitches. Not only was one of my favorite Batman villains, The Scarecrow, reduced to being merely a pawn, but he also went out like a little bitch when Katie f**king Holmes tased him off of his horse in Batman Begins. The Joker dangling atop a building in The Dark Knight I can live it. But the worst offence would have to be Bane, who was an utter badass motherf**ker in The Dark Knight Rises until he went out like a little bitch at the end of the movie..

• Like 2

One thing that pisses me off about The Dark Knight Trilogy is the way Nolan lets the villains go out like bitches. Not only was one of my favorite Batman villains, The Scarecrow, reduced to being merely a pawn, but he also went out like a little bitch when Katie f**king Holmes tased him off of his horse in Batman Begins. The Joker dangling atop a building in The Dark Knight I can live it. But the worst offence would have to be Bane, who was an utter badass motherf**ker in The Dark Knight Rises until he went out like a little bitch at the end of the movie..

Joker had a great ending because he was really the winner here and the upside down haning is from Joker card so it`s really fitting and clever. But I agree that having Katie Holmes taser anyone, let alone a good villain, is unforgivable. At least Bane was blasted off by Catwoman who was the coolest character in TDKR, though that was a bitch ending for him, but Katie Holmes is just insulting period.
  • Like 1

Comparing TA box office run to Nolan's trilogy should not even be comparable makes more sense to select iron man,the avengers is a result of multiple superheroes on the big screen,a better comparison would be against the upcoming Justice League film. If your going to include the Avengers you have to include all movies involved in Phase 1.

Edited by Azazel

Nah, TA and TDKR are TDK and IM switching places. IM was a really fun superhero movie but dark and serious TDK blew it out of water qualitywise. Likewise, fun superhero flick TA blew dark and serious TDKR out of water qualitywise. Simple. One time a serious movie was better overall, next time a lighter one was.

I didn't hate TDKR but anyways I'll bite.It was too long, predictable and worst of all, boring. When you spend a good chunk of the movie stuck in a well lamenting about how you're trapped in there, you know the movie has problems. Pacing was another issue that I had with the movie. Nolan was too self indulgent here. He tried so hard to make a simple story complex that he forgot the reason why a lot of people loved Batman Begins/The Dark Knight in the first place. Emotion. I felt nothing for the characters in TDKR whereas in the other 2, I sympathized and cheered with the characters. He completely wasted a solid foundation from BB/TDK and TDK was actually my #1 film of 2008.Not all of it was bad though. I found the action to be quite good but it was far and between.

• Like 2