Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

You are the one who said in reply to a list of well errr lists and reviews that show that TA did not infact blow TDKR out of the water quality wise and I quote

"And Boxoffice shows otherwise..."

What could you possibly mean other than saying that the Boxoffice results determine the quality of a film?

Please, enlighten me oh genius one!

I was replying to this..

multiple polls show people preferred TDKR more than the Avengers.

In which I reply 'box office shows otherwise' (and it does)

So where where did I say box office= better movie? Please enlighten me ;)

We are talking about two different scenarios here:

1) TDKR actual scenario. Alfred see's Bruce mope around for 8 years after being forced to give up the Cape for the good of Gotham. At the very first sign of trouble (at this stage nothing is really known about Bane's plans) that could potentially need Batman's intervention he leaps into action not even thinking about how worn down and out of shape he is. It is clear to Alfred that he is desperate for this for his own selfish needs.

2) The Batman is cocky and in his prime and gets beat up by Bane scenario: We have a fully fit and healthy Batman go up against Bane and gets beaten. Alfred has no reason to give the speech as Bruce is trying to get better for the benefit of Gotham, not for himself.

Foremost, Batman in his prime happened mostly off-screen (between BB and TDK) and 5 minutes at the beginning of TDK. Too little for my taste.

I never said cocky equal fully fit. At one point, I said he could be cocky AND be shown with a quite bruised body after the TDK events without 8 years of moping in his manor. that's my problem. That moping part took too much time in the movie.

• Like 1

Well, dark of the moon didn't sell more tickets, avengers did, and it had more impressive legs. You don't need to be a genius to work out that more people liked avengers than TDKR. Why don't you take a few hours away from your computer screen and try interacting with people in the real world, you might learn a thing or two...

Wow. Just wow.

Now you sound like a YouTube commenter.

Posted Image

500M wasn't going to happen, shooting or no shooting and if it were going to happen, it would've done it anyway if the movie really was THAT good and the fact of it is, is that it stalled at 448M Domestic and couldn't even muster up enough to cross 450M, so this nonsense about 500M Domestic is exactly that: Nonsense.. Bottom line is that this past summer just wasn't the summer of WB and Nolan like it was in 2008.. It belonged to MARVEL and deep down, even Nolan probably knew it deserved it..

And I'm still amazed at how this thread is the only thread this forum has going for it and the only thread anyone has responded to over any other thread in this forum..

its the only thread you would look out for anyway mate. Anything TDKR related you can't resist to comment on.

500mill is logical estimate. Anything higher is pushing it abit. Pretty much everyone knows shooting affected it. Best not to go on about it as its an argument with no definitive answer. Just because you say it wouldnt make it doesnt mean everyone does.

Dont talk about Nolan as if you know him lol. Im pretty sure he isnt too interested in having the highest grossing movie. If he was he would have agreed to have TDKR filmed/converted in 3D. There are only a few directors in hollywood who are known to stick to their guns. He is one of them.

Its simple..TA was more liked by the overall audienceTDKR was more liked by older audiences.

im from u.k and over here people were more hyped and impressed by TDKR than Avengers (from what i saw anyway). Im talking about my colleagues, friends, family even random individuals talking about it on the train. Perhaps it was different in the U.S. Maybe thats why we can't all agree

im from u.k and over here people were more hyped and impressed by TDKR than Avengers (from what i saw anyway). Im talking about my colleagues, friends, family even random individuals talking about it on the train. Perhaps it was different in the U.S. Maybe thats why we can't all agree

Christopher Nolan was from the U.K. so he already has strong appeal there.

Still, that's my point. And my point to all the flamers on TDKR forum.A flame war on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still disabled.

Lol that was a good one ;)..However, I'm not starting a flame war, I simply stated that more people seemed to enjoy TA than TDKR, which is true. Did I say TA was better than TDKR? No. Did I say TDKR was a bad film? No. I don't intend to start flame wars, but some fans on here take shit way too seriously and even blind themselves from the truth at times

well TDK does win Domestic tickets sold by around 5-10% or so...TA is around 70 million TicketsTDK around 72-75 million...However TA 2 will even if it goes down will win the battle easily....

TA is around same as TDK. Both around 72M.

This conversation seems unhealthy to me. The film is a massive success critically and financially, but obviously the film still worked better for some than others. Accept that people have different tastes and you don't need the support of others to call a movie 'great' yourself.

So you're the one running to Neo citing I've been attacking members, is that correct??? NO, I WOULD NEVER DO THAT I just received a PM from him saying I'm going to be Banned and have 1 point left which is just absurd as all hell.. I haven't attacked 1 goddamnmember on this site since I've been back and everyone here knows it.. You don't like me responding to ths dumb thread?? Then lock it AGREE, WISH THEY WOULD and stop creating dumb threads like this for no other reason other than some sort of vindication or a guilty conscience over the whole thing.. The movie made $$$$$, you all claim it was so loved, then move on from it.. YOU SHOULD TOO What more need to be said about it that hasn't already been said a 1000 X over????

The movie made $$$$$, you all claim it was so loved, then move on from it.. What more need to be said about it that hasn't already been said a 1000 X over????

Number of posts per member on this thread:

Phil in the Hobbit - 19

dashrendar44 - 20

Don Niam - The Stingray - 28

BKB - 36

So you see, dear friend. Of all the people here you're the who cant let this shit go the most...

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray

So you're the one running to Neo citing I've been attacking members, is that correct??? I just received a PM from him saying I'm going to be Banned and have 1 point left which is just absurd as all hell.. I haven't attacked 1 goddamnmember on this site since I've been back and everyone here knows it.. You don't like me responding to ths dumb thread?? Then lock it and stop creating dumb threads like this for no other reason other than some sort of vindication or a guilty conscience over the whole thing.. The movie made $$$$$, you all claim it was so loved, then move on from it.. What more need to be said about it that hasn't already been said a 1000 X over????

So you're the one running to Neo citing I've been attacking members, is that correct??? I just received a PM from him saying I'm going to be Banned and have 1 point left which is just absurd as all hell.. I haven't attacked 1 goddamnmember on this site since I've been back and everyone here knows it..

I haven't attacked 1 goddamnmember on this site since I've been back and everyone here knows it..

Posted Image

*puts BKB on Ignore*

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

Uh, perhaps you need to pick up the bong and do a puff with all the delusional crap you just posted and if anything, I'm at least open to saying the movie just wasn't good but Nolan fans will go out of their way to create more threads on the subject to convince themselves the movie was better than what it really was which was a steaming pile of Dung..

Really should'nt have posted that, dude. Now you used your final warning with that comment. Prepare to be banned.

I wanna know who the slimy rat bastard was that snitched on BKB. Where I'm from, if you pulled that sneaky shit you would wake up inside of a coffin at the bottom of a lake with only a hose to breath through. :ph34r:

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray