Heretic

Favourite scenes from the series

I was just watching DH1, and the Hermione torture scene is so powerful. Her scream is just flat-out disturbing.That's one of the best, the whole Malfoy Manor sequence.Some others include:Buckbeak's flight. Absolutely stunning.The Prince's Tale, of-course.Harry/Hermione dance. So touching.Godric's Hollow. So subtle but very emotional. Shows the love Hermione has for Harry.When Ron is asked to dance with McGonagall for the Yule Ball. Because his reaction is freaking hilarious.When Harry, Ron and Hermione bury Dobby by hand. :(Honestly, there are so many.

DH2:Opening (Parallel with In Noctem)Hogwart's ShieldSnape's DeathPrince's TaleForest AgainA New BeginningDH1:ObliviateSnape to Malfoy ManorLocket Scene in the courtroomGodric's Hollow GraveyardForest of DeanSilver DoeDobby's DeathHBP:Opening TitleHarry and HermioneSlughorn's Confession (Better than the book version)In Noctem (best scene in the film)OOTP:Ministry of Magic sceneGOF:OpeningForeign Visitors ArriveSnape's cockblock scene (deleted)POA:Buckbeak's FlightHarry wanders the castle after seeing Pettigrew on the mapHelping Sirius escapeCOS:Diary sceneReunion of FriendsSS:Invisibility Cloak sceneMirror of Erised

Edited by spizzer

1. The Prince's Tale (Deathly Hallows: Part 2)2. Harry/Hermione dance to "O'Children" by Nick Cave (Deathly Hallows: Part 1)3. The Tale of the Three Brothers animation (Deathly Hallows: Part 1)4. The montage of Ron, Harry, and Hermione walking through various landscapes while the radio broadcasts names of missing witches and wizards and Ron's mentality worsens from wearing the locket (DH1)5. Harry telling Hermione and Ron that he's going to see Voldemort in the forest (the look on Hermione's face is priceless) (DH2)6. Dumbledore v. Voldemort (OotP)7. The Lily fish story by Slughorn (HBP)8. The whole Ministry of Magic sequence (DH1)9. The Mirror of Erised (Sorcerer's STone)10. The cave scene (HBP)Also, I'm so mad at myself. I only ever saw DH2 once in theaters, and it was the last movie. I saw DH1 three times, so I should have seen DH2 at least as many times. *Sigh*...p.p.s. I also haven't seen DH1 since last November, so I'll just watch it and DH2 together this Christmas when I watch the whole series on DVD.

Edited by The Creator

some people seem to love the dance from part 1. i hated it. so out of character for harry and them saying how it was supposed to create a "love triangle" thing just pissed me off. a love triangle didn't happen in the book and harry potter doesn't need that.my favorite scenes are probably harry and ron's fight from part 1, the princes tale and the forest scene from part 2, and the entire yule ball sequence from gof.

I have to look for it, but I'm pretty sure Kloves has stated that he intended for that scene to have romantic connotations between Harry/Hermione.

If we want to interpret it differently, obviously we can, but that doesn't mean that it can't be seen as a romantic scene

Beyond that, it was out of character. In the book, Harry can't figure out how to comfort Hermione after Ron's departure, so he just avoids speaking to her as much he can. For him to try to cheer her up by dancing, of all things, is just completely dishonest to his character as written. It's not so much the intention as it is the action, he's got the heart for it, but he just wouldn't ever do it

Rowling HERSELF said that there were charged moments between Harry and Hermione when they were alone and that they shared something very intense with each other. She acknowledged that it definitely could have happened.

Edited by Noctis