Heretic

Favourite scenes from the series

I have to look for it, but I'm pretty sure Kloves has stated that he intended for that scene to have romantic connotations between Harry/Hermione.

If we want to interpret it differently, obviously we can, but that doesn't mean that it can't be seen as a romantic scene

Beyond that, it was out of character. In the book, Harry can't figure out how to comfort Hermione after Ron's departure, so he just avoids speaking to her as much he can. For him to try to cheer her up by dancing, of all things, is just completely dishonest to his character as written. It's not so much the intention as it is the action, he's got the heart for it, but he just wouldn't ever do it

Rowling HERSELF said that there were charged moments between Harry and Hermione when they were alone and that they shared something very intense with together. She acknowledged that it definitely could have happened.

Don't know if you're directing this at me or not.

If not, then disregard this. If so, then I should clarify that I was only referring to the dance itself as being out of character for Harry, not the intentions behind it.

Watching HBP on ABC Family right now, I remembered how much I loved the entire Felix Felicis / Slughorn Confession scene. Goes from hilarious (some hate the way Dan played that scene, I loved it, it was almost like the potion made him drunk and it was funny) to heartbreakingly touching. Perfection from Broadbent there.Slughorn: "Poof"Hagrid: "Poof"Harry: "....... Poof."

Looks like they included Harry helping Dumbledore out, but took out the "I'm not worried Harry, I'm with you" line

No, he said that too.Or... I could have sworn he did, lol. Will have to rewind the DVR. Edited by Cozmees Everdeen

YES!! They put In Noctem in this version!!!

It was brilliant! I've wanted to see that in context for such a long time. It fits better because of the commercial break however, as they don't start from the beginning.

No, he said that too.Or... I could have sworn he did, lol. Will have to rewind the DVR.

Didn't sound like it but I wasn't paying full attention

My favorite moment in all of the series has got to be when Harry is telling Ron and Hermione he has to give himself up. Hermione breaks my heart when she completely breaks down and says "I'll go with you!"In all 8 movies, it is the only time I teared up. It was so touching and it speaks volumes about their friendship that she is willing to be with him until the end.For the books, I have several favorite scenes but I think the one that I just love is when Harry and Hermione visit the graveyard. The words that go thru Harry's head are just heartbreaking and its not something they can ever show on film.

Edited by Cedarpoint
  • Like 1

Exactly. The Harry/Hermione scene shows friendship, not romance. Just two sad and broken teenagers momentarily dancing away their problems.

yes, that's how I took it, and it was actually one of my all time favorite scenes in the series.