Punishment

Wednesday Numbers: Sky 960k, Lincoln 845k, LOP 750k

Very nice for Skyfall..... Just hope it doesn't get hit hard by TH1.

Theater count-wise it isn't getting hit as hard as CR did on this same weekend by the trifecta of The Pursuit of Happyness, Eragon and Charlotte's Web. Those three films together made about an inflation adjusted 75m without the advantage of 3D. Even with the larger theater drop, CR decreased 37% that weekend.

Theatre counts for next week might be interesting, 3 new wide releases including Jack Reacher and This is 40. Hope SF doesn't get hit too hard next week when it'll really matter during the holidays. Perhaps SF could have PfK's theatres next week ?

If Skyfall drops under 40% this weekend, 300M will be locked with the key thrown in Pacific Ocean.

I'd put the "lock" line at 35% this weekend. Call me cautious, but anything that puts it in a similar multiplier as QOS from this weekend on is truly a "lock". ;)

I'm very happy that Wreck-it Ralph isn't being hit very hard in theatre count loss. Looking like breaking the trend for early November animations.

Agree. Pleasantly surprised at how many theaters it's keeping. Any idea on the impact on showings though?Not so surprised with the TC loss for Killing Them Softly. Looking good for BD2 and Skyfall. :)

WIR will lose a lot of theaters when MI3D opens just like how Brave disappeared on the charts when Nemo 3D opened. Very pleased with its performance nevertheless. I wish it got to 200 million but still not bad. 2012 is definitely a box office comeback for Animated films (except poor Rise of the Guardians)

Edited by forg