Jack Nevada

"OH SHIT!" movie moments

Has there been a movie scene that got an OH SHIT reaction from you?

And this thread isn't limited to just horror movies.

Here's a few

Brad Pitt getting shot in Burn After Reading

The midway plot twist in The Skin I Live In

Whatever happened to Tommy? in Trainspotting

The unexpected homoeroticism in Skyfall

Billy Bibbit's suicide in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

The massacre footage with the 911 calls in Bowling for Columbine

Tetsuo's transformation in Akira

The train destruction in Super 8

• Like 1

Buried - the endingMemento - the twistThe Departed - elevator Killer Joe - the chicken legEnd of Watch - the alleywayThere Will Be Blood - the fireAll About Eve - Eve's true selfCabaret - "Tomorrow belongs to me"Chinatown - "my sister, my daughter"Videodrome - "long live the new flesh"L.A. Confidential -

Kevin Spacey is killed

Animal Kingdom - the grandmother's revealThe Dark Knight - "the clowns are hostages"The Sunset Limited - White's final monologueThe Tenant - the main character sees himselfLet the Right One In - the swimming pool scenePulp Fiction - "oh man, I shot Marvin in the face"Battle Royale - the whole instructions sequenceFear and Loathing in Las Vegas - the diner sceneTo Live and Die in LA - a shotgun blast to the faceA Serious Man & Take Shelter - the tornado endingsRear Window - the murderer goes after Jimmy StewartInglourious Basterds - "I'll switch back to English now..."Once Upon a Time in the West - flashback with the hangingThe Conversation - the realization of what was actually saidLost Highway - the second time "Dick Laurent is dead" is saidShutter Island - the realization of what happened to the childrenIrréversible - the realization

that the wrong man was killed

The Proposition - Arthur Burns visits captain Stanley's houseWe Need to Talk About Kevin - Kevin walks out of the school, hands up

• Like 1

The part in Rear Window where the murderer approaches Jimmy Stewart, and Stewart slows him down the flash of his camera.They showed that movie in school, and girls were screaming at that bit!

That whole scene terrified me more than anything in Psycho or any other Hitchcock film I've seen. That level of suspense is simply unparalleled.

Minority Report.

When Anderton confronts Leo Crow in the hotel room. When Cruise is about to kill Crow out of anger as the precogs predicted (all his actions to escape his fate in fact led to that situation), Cruise managed to control himself and change the future...But

Crow reveals it was all set from the beginning and he was paid to be killed. Then they fight and Anderson pulls the trigger by accident, not by premeditation"

I went "Oh Shit got real!".

• Like 1

Relic.

When you realize that the horrible chimaera monster (Nice work from Stan Winston) that rips heads off to ingurgitate hipotalamus is in fact

the archeologist from the beginning who have been poisoned and then mutated in that monstruosity after an ADN match analysis.

I freaked out and went "Oh, shit! Didn't see that one coming!"

Edited by dashrendar44

Uncle Ben's death in TASM.Spock's resurrection in Star Trek IIIAnakin becoming Darth Vader in ROTSBatman surviving all of his movies.Soap Operas having Oh shit moments every Friday. :P

• Like 1